Way to copy device sync list [#12439]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

zombor

Way to copy device sync list [#12439]

Post by zombor »

Hello,

I spent a bunch of time setting up a sync list to sync what I want to an android device, works great. I recently got a new smart phone, and there doesn't seem to a be a way to copy the sync list from one device to another.

The knowledge base suggests I could look up sync list info here:
%APPDATA%\MediaMonkey5\MediaMonkey.ini
but the sync list itself is absent. Is it stored in one of the db files?

If I could somehow show the two device sync lists side by side I could just copy the info I need one album at a time, it would take 15 minutes but thats no problem. Or a text export. Media Monkey is so powerful I am sure there is some way to get at this info but I'm having trouble finding it. The export/import settings specify it doesn't have any user settings in it, but maybe I could somehow use that to make the new phone use the old device sync list? Is it as simple as changing the name of the device profile maybe? I appreciate any advice you all can shoot my way.

I'm running 5.0.4.2690 gold on windows 11 if that makes a difference.
Lowlander

Re: Way to copy device sync list

Post by Lowlander »

That's correct, the Sync List isn't part of the exported Device Profile, it is stored in the database itself.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Seems like a very useful feature request to me.

I'm sure lots of users run into having to change devices, or multiple devices, to which they would like to import those settings.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It was already requested before, but you can't copy sync settings due the fact it is tied to current library and internal library ID, so even if you copy all settings it will flawed when imported.

There is a To-Do bug reported to at least allow copy whole settings from one device to another within same MM library, but due the high risk of regressions priority is bit lowered.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

copy whole settings from one device to another within same MM library,
I think that is what we are talking about here, and it would be extremely useful, for multiple devices, or for new phones, which seems to happen more often than not.

How about a right-click, Import sync settings from: [chose existing device profile]

This would allow edits to one device to be re-imported to another as well.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Check on https://musicbrainz.org/ to see if they have tag info for the specific tracks in question??
Peke

Post by Peke »

Rob_S wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:49 am I think that is what we are talking about here, and it would be extremely useful, for multiple devices, or for new phones, which seems to happen more often than not.

How about a right-click, Import sync settings from: [chose existing device profile]

This would allow edits to one device to be re-imported to another as well.
It is filed under https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12439 Increasing priority for review in 5.1.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts