Syncing To Pixel 7

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Blakeh

Syncing To Pixel 7

Post by Blakeh »

Hello-

I am currently using MM 4.1.3.1919 and am attempting to sync audio files to my Google Pixel 7 (Android) phone but am running into an issue.

My previous phone was a Pixel 3 XL, and music files would sync to \Music which put them in the a 'Music' folder at the root of my phone. When I look at Device Profile > Options > File Locations, the path is correct and I see no "Root Directory" listed toward the bottom of the box. However, when I go to Profile > Options > File Locations for my Pixel 7, everything looks exactly identical, but there *is* a "Root Directory" options which (as you can see from the second screenshot), causes the files to sync to \Android\data\com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey.files\ and THEN it implements the \Music structure. There doesn't seem to be an option to eliminate the Root directory setting nor to change it. I have about 58GB of music files in the [root]\Music folder and would prefer new files I sync to go into the same folder. Is there a way I can do that?

Thanks,
Blake
lyallg

Re: Syncing To Pixel 7

Post by lyallg »

I have the same issue. Probably going to return my Pixel 7 because there are other things I don't like, but this problem is the worst and the straw that broke the camel's back for me. The MM app on my Pixel won't find these files because they are stored in my systems folder which denies access to MM. I am also hoping there is a solution!
Peke

Re: Syncing To Pixel 7

Post by Peke »

Hi,
This is fixed in MM5 and further improved in MM 5.1 (currently in Beta).

To explain it is related to permission issue of newer Android systems which unless explicitly allowed MMA to access non APP folder (eg. one in Android Data) then that folder is considered root folder for sync.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts