Importing old EAC copies into MM5

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

gorkam

Importing old EAC copies into MM5

Post by gorkam »

It took me awhile to understand what was going on, but I realized that when I used EAC a LONG time ago (v 1.0 beta 1), either it didn't have access to a metadata database, or I didn't configure it correctly (2011).

Due to this, MM5 won't add the files, even though it knows they are there.

Since I still have the CDs, it seems the most straightforward way sadly is to re-rip the CDs using MM5. I know that EAC is supposed to create a better output, but I also would just like to get this eventually done so I can sell the CDs for a dime apiece! :)

I even downloaded a current copy of EAC hoping it could "heal" the previously ripped files, but no luck.

Yes, I've used Add/Rescan files ad nauseam, and while the files are seen, it never "sticks".

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Lowlander

Re: Importing old EAC copies into MM5

Post by Lowlander »

Do the files play in MediaMonkey? How exactly doesn't it stick, what file type(s) are affected and which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using?
gorkam

Post by gorkam »

MM5 Gold License 5.04.2690

I am posting the following pictures:

Filesystem before going into scan.
Scan picture of the folder AFTER I have updated the tags and am going to press confirm
Scan picture of the same folder - showing my tag fixes "didn't stick".

I couldn't figure out how to upload pictures, but here is a link to a onedrive folder with the images.

http://1drv.ms/u/s!AuEp0Kt30h3Sh5oOheYB ... Q?e=jb1iSw

Thank you for any ideas. I feel like I am missing something simple and stupid, but just not quite sure.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

So, WAV files have poor tagging support: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... erties/5.0 (which is why a lossless format like FLAC is recommended).

Are you editing in the Folders node in MediaMonkey instead of in the Music node? With the latter the changes should be saved to the MediaMonkey database
gorkam

Post by gorkam »

I am looking at the music node, but am inclined to think it may just be less frustrating to reimport the songs via MM.

I know I made a mistake, I just want to see how long it will take to fix it!

Thank you
gorkam

Post by gorkam »

Aha, going through the music node does work!

I did a test album and it updated the files with the meta data. Most likely easier than rescanning all the CDs!

Thank you!