Collapsed branches in Media Tree expand immediately?

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Erwin Hanzl

Re: Collapsed branches in Media Tree expand immediately?

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hello Rob,
Thanks for the hint.
I tested this script - it is absolutely NOT what I want.
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

nanite2000 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:45 pm
Rob_S wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:22 pm Grab a track from the main window, drag it onto a node, and without releasing the mouse, immediately return to the main window.

After 2 seconds, the node expands. So far i have not found any nodes where this does not happen.
You're right! I didn't notice that.

Yep - still not completely fixed then...

I'm using v5.0.3.2611 beta
Good catch, re-opened: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 667#c66661
Poobslag

Post by Poobslag »

This bug still exists in MediaMonkey 5.0.4.2690, is there any chance of it getting fixed?

Playlists should only expand when your mouse is over them -- it's weird to drag tracks into playlist B and then have playlist A suddenly expand for no reason. In the best case, it's a little jarring. In the worst case, I've just dropped 100 tracks into a random playlist and I have no idea which one it is
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Anyone know - is this bug being tracked?

The above link says "reopened" but no tags nor any activity on it.

I fear it has been lost in the shuffle
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
1001Musik

Post by 1001Musik »

@Erwin,
ich bin mit der Idee eines Playlisten Manager voll bei dir. Sehnlichst warte ich auf diese Funktion. Zumal das Plugin, welches für MM4 existiert, vom Entwickler freigegeben wurde und nur auf MM5 angepasst werden muss.

MM5 kann ein so toller Musikverwalter sein, nur bei den Playlisten hapert es noch.
Last edited by 1001Musik on Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WiFi Syncing
MM Gold 5.1.0.2813 auf Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit "portable Installation"
MM Android 2.0.0.1099 Pro auf folgenden Geräten

Samsung S23 Ultra / Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
1001Musik

Post by 1001Musik »

Rob_S wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:08 pm Erwin, did you know we already have an addin that does the half of this called Highlight Mode?
I checked out the Highlight add-on. It's not right for me. I need exactly something like Erwin suggests. So you can see right away in which playlist the corresponding song is. That's much clearer
WiFi Syncing

1001Musik

Post by 1001Musik »

While we're on the subject, I wish there was a time delay on the dropdown menu. When I right-click to "send to," I have to be very careful not to move the mouse. Otherwise I'll have to go back and start over. This is too sensitive for me and reacts immediately if you don't hit the desired entry with the mouse.

WiFi Syncing

1001Musik

Post by 1001Musik »

I tested the highlight plugin. It's not at all what I need. There is no overview of which playlist a song is in.

@Erwin hat schon vor Monaten den Wunsch vieler User nach einer Playlisten Verwaltung gezeigt. Warum dieser ignoriert wird, ist mir rätselhaft.

I wish that when you click on a song, you can immediately see which playlist a song is in. The second column of the Highlight plugin isn't too bad, but it should only show the playlists of the selected song.

Erwin Hanzl wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:20 am Google-Translator
Hello developers,
Managing playlists made easy.
For each selected song, the playlists in which the song appears should be marked with a check mark.
Remove check mark: remove from certain playlist
Add check mark: add to specific playlist
There is also the option of automatically expanding the sub-playlists.

Shouldn't you reach ALL users, regardless of whether they need it or not.
I think album collectors are happy with the album management.
And the playlist-enthusiasts should be made happy too.

WiFi Syncing

Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Again, not ideal, but you can fairly quickly see which playlists a song is in by viewing properties, classification tab, and in that window you can un-check playlists you want to remove it from.

So, combined with the addin, which shows you at a glance which songs are or are not in any selected existing playlist, it is almost there.

It might be good meanwhile to have a preview window which can show this classification property that remains onscreen at all times.

So this thread contains two separate issues, neither of which has been officially accepted or listed for action yet.

1) The unintentional opening of nodes when cursor passes over them on drag and drop. This seems quite important to me.

2) Improved interface for managing songs into and out of playlists, possibly using checkboxes to add or remove selected track from any fixed playlist. Issue with this is it does not position the track within the list. Then there is the question of whether this be left for addin, or if it should be in the base program.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm unable to reproduce on 5.0.4. Lingering over a Playlist in the tree a bit, then moving on to another Playlist node or dropping the file back in the Filelisting doesn't expand the Playlist node. No matter what I try.

If you do experience this, please capture it in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?t=86643 Please include which node(s) expanded unexpectedly during log capture.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Here is a video showing the effect.

I drag a file over the playlist node, pause briefly over imported playlists, and then slide down. You will see the imported playlists open after the cursor has moved down, most clearly in the last attempt.

http://Rone.ca/dlfiles/MM5_Playlist_hover.mp4
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I may have seen this once, trying to reproduce, but can't reproduce it. A debug log would be really helpful along with this screencast.

It seems that it may be related to a previously expanded and then collapsed node. It maybe a timing issue where if you do things at specific timings it may be triggered to expand again. However I'm unable to repeat what you see.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

debug log submitted

Ticket #5400: "Playlist sub-node opens after cursor moved off"