MM4 still supported?

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

correohs

Re: MM4 still supported?

Post by correohs »

Hi Peke, 26 days ago I contacted via a ticketing system the MM Developer Team regarding an Script that I developed for MM4, and Authorized the team to convert it to MM5. I have not head any world from them neither a msg saying that they received my request. Ticket # 5310. Do you have any suggestion?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
it is still in devs QUEUE. You will get noted about any progress. It is received, THX for authorization to port it to MM5.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
CMK

Post by CMK »

I am the sole developer of the Cortina plugin for MM4 and the owner of the tangoexchange.com web site. I have no idea who "correohs" is. But since I published the source code on GitHub (https://github.com/wpkc/cortina) with a GPL-3.0 license, I supposed anyone could fork it and call it their own.

However, I did look into what would be involved in converting it from VBscript to javascript, and there is no easy way to do it. Even if you could, it would not be optimized for the javascript environment, which has more advanced features than VBscript. So it really should be redesigned from scratch.

I seriously doubt that the MM devs would want to spend their time doing that. And they really aren't in any position to test and maintain it under real-world conditions since I doubt any of them are working tango DJs. I haven't been motivated to do it, since MM4 works just fine for me.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
To explain things a bit, user "correohs" supplied its own sources, documentation and comparing yours with his I have found out that both sources are completely different in both structure and code. His code is not fully working MMIP file and needs to be added manually.

If you still think that your copyright is infringed please open support ticket where we can mitigate as needed.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
CMK

Post by CMK »

When I put my code on GitHub with a GPL-3.0 license it means it has no copyright.

Maybe I misunderstood, but when "correohs" wrote after someone posted a link to my plugin: "The one you found on the web is an earlier version. raybeau528 and I created this script and Yes I do have the last script version (the code) and it does much more than the one you found on the web." I thought he was talking about my Cortina plugin. I guess not.

Anyway, another reason not to port my VBscript Cortina plugin to javascript as-is, is that it is based on a state-machine design. I think the javascript in MM5 would probably allow for a more modern design.