Locate missing files

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

bkenobi69

Locate missing files

Post by bkenobi69 »

My RAID 5 server lost a drive recently and when replaced I noticed some missing files. I don't believe they were lost during this failure, but it really doesn't matter at this point. What I'm trying to do is figure out what is missing so I can dig out the CD's and extract them again. I've used the "Files to Edit" node in the past to clean my collection, but it's been a very long time. From what I read, I need to use the "Dead Links" node which should display all files that exist in the library but do not appear in the appropriate location on storage. I have a list of 443 files that are listed and it appears to be a list of 44 albums, mostly complete though a few on-offs. Is there a way to export the list so I can use a text editor or Excel to keep track and make notes? I think I just need to fire up EAC and get started but I like having a known process before I go into a fairly large list of albums.
Lowlander

Re: Locate missing files

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, you can create reports of selected files.
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

I was able to use the report to generate a list. It will take some time to get my files back. When I have the extract complete, I'll need to link them back to the MM database. Is there a guide for that? I doubt they will have exact stats so I don't think dropping them in the right location will cover it.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do not rescan restored files till you have fixed all files in the MediaMonkey Library. Having them with the exact Path will have them work in MediaMonkey (rescanning will then pick up any differences). If they have different Paths then use Locate Moved/Missing Files to see if MediaMonkey can match them.