Problems converting Ogg audio files to MP3

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

CountZeroOr

Problems converting Ogg audio files to MP3

Post by CountZeroOr »

I'm running into an issue converting an ogg file to MP3 - when I select the "Convert Audio File" option in MediaMonkey, it gives a dialog box for converting video files - instead of audio.

Any suggestions on how to get this file converted so it can get synced with my phone?
Lowlander

Re: Problems converting Ogg audio files to MP3

Post by Lowlander »

I'm unable to reproduce. Please provide a sample file with this problem to Support. Does this happen with some or all OGG files?
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

It was the most recent episode of this podcast: https://anibroscreative.com/wp-content/ ... on2022.ogg
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That file gives me audio formats when using Tools > Convert format. Does the file play for you in MediaMonkey and is it the only file selected when using Tools > Convert format.
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

It is the only file selected, and it does output audio when played. However, when I go to convert it, the formats listed are all video files.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you seeing this with and what Type is the file set to (see Properties)? For me that files works as expected.
Peke

Post by Peke »

CountZeroOr wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:43 pm It is the only file selected, and it does output audio when played. However, when I go to convert it, the formats listed are all video files.
Like with lowlander for me file works normally. Just make sure that file properties state TYPE: MUSIC and you should be able to convert it to MP3.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

Peke wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:53 pm
CountZeroOr wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:43 pm It is the only file selected, and it does output audio when played. However, when I go to convert it, the formats listed are all video files.
Like with lowlander for me file works normally. Just make sure that file properties state TYPE: MUSIC and you should be able to convert it to MP3.
Ah-ha! There's the problem - the file was downloaded from the podcast feed as a "Video Podcast" instead of just a Podcast.