CD Metadata Tagging

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

JoeStracke

CD Metadata Tagging

Post by JoeStracke »

Having an issue trying to rip some CDs I purchased recently. These are the first I've done since MM5 upgrade.

Insert disc, pull metadata- all works fine; window pops up listing album and all tracks are identified. Hit 'OK', and the the disc is correcty listed in the library tree pane, but the track list remains all 'unknown' in the center pane.

Selecting these unknown tracks and re-requesting metadata again pulls up the window correctly identifying all track. Hit 'OK', and all are still listed as 'unknown'. These tracks remain unknown when trying to copy from disc to library.

Tried exiting MM and re-inserting disc a few times. Tried 5 other CDs, Tried pulling metadata and waiting a half hour... no joy.

Again, metadata is always found and is accurate, but the track tags do not update with the found data. Feels kind of like a permissions issue, but I have not come across this particular situation when searching forums.

Finally, I am currently at work, but can attach screens shots later if needed.
Lowlander

Re: CD Metadata Tagging

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) are you using and what window pops up? Are you using Auto-Tag (if so make sure you select the files to update them), instead of lookup?
JoeStracke

Post by JoeStracke »

Not sure on version- did push and install latest update after first failure (from Help within MM)

I will post some snips when I get home tonight showing what I see.
JoeStracke

Post by JoeStracke »

So, apparently MM5 creates a small disc image, and holds that as the optical media data; I went to swap out discs to prep for the snapshots, and noticed it retained the data from the previous disc, even after physical media was removed. It would not recognize the new disc at all.

I had to manually eject' the disc from the MM media tree in order to read a new disc. Once that is done, then the tracks display properly and I'm able to copy to MP3 with correct tags.

If others don't have to do this, then I will look into replacing my optical drive.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You may want to delete cdplayer.ini from %APPDATA%\MediaMonkey5\ (copy into File Explorer location bar).