Playlist Shortcuts stopped working [#19641 #19808 #20593]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Onweerwolf

Playlist Shortcuts stopped working [#19641 #19808 #20593]

Post by Onweerwolf »

There was an update 2.0.0023 to Pro. Playlist widget stopped working. When trying create it says app not installed.
Peke

Re: Playlist Shortcuts stopped working

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I am unable to replicate on MMA 2.0.0.1054, are you using MMA beta 1.4.5.960 or you got beta upgrade to 2.0.0.1054?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

It says 2.0.0023 on Google Playstore and 2.0.0.1054 under about section in the app.

I don't know if I use beta or not but I do have pro, though Google Playstore says I have both MediaMonkey and MediaMonkey pro installed.

You can still make a shortcut to a playlist on your device?

Edit: shortcut to Synchronization also no longer works.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Btw: I just synced for the first time and the app removed all my artwork. Probably unrelated bug.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I can confirm the problem of app not installed error on MMA 2.0: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19641
Onweerwolf

Re: Playlist Shortcuts stopped working [#19641]

Post by Onweerwolf »

Just to expand a little on this in case it's relevant;

I use the app Automate to script automatic starting of playlists as my wake up alarm. I have a different playlist for each day of the week. The app can select shortcuts using the 'app shortcut block' which lets you select Mediamonkey from a dropdown menu and then select the playlist of choice. This has worked great for years. Currently Automate doesn't see Mediamonkey anymore as one of the options for apps that have shortcuts. So it looks like the entire functionality is gone or hidden, from an outside perspective,.

In the meantime I have rolled back to 1.X version of MMA as this is most certainly a dealbreaker for me.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
1056 should improve shortcut support, there was some regressions that were fixed.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

This function is still not working properly.

I can now select a playlist for a shortcut but only if that playlist isn't nested. If I click on the folder that contains the nested playlist it just selects the folder and nothing happens.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

rusty

Re: Playlist Shortcuts stopped working [#19641 #19808]

Post by rusty »

fyi, the widget is fixed in beta build 1076.

-Rusty
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

rusty wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:58 am fyi, the widget is fixed in beta build 1076.

-Rusty
I've gotten around to test this now, finally, but it's not fixed.

The functionality as described above by me is no longer there. When I use Automate to select MM playlist in a shortcut block it goes to MMA, let's me select a playlist but then gives me the option to either cancel or put it on the homescreen instead of saving it in the block. This is not an Automate issue because I have now gone back, once again, to MMA version 1.4.5.0960 where it still works exactly the way it has for many years.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks--we fixed and verified the bug that widgets can't be created for child playlists, but didn't test with Automate.

I'm not really familiar with Automate, can you point me to a ready-made MMA playlist alarm 'flow' or to what 'block' I would use to select an MMA playlist?

Thanks!

-Rusty
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

rusty wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:31 pm Thanks--we fixed and verified the bug that widgets can't be created for child playlists, but didn't test with Automate.

I'm not really familiar with Automate, can you point me to a ready-made MMA playlist alarm 'flow' or to what 'block' I would use to select an MMA playlist?

Thanks!

-Rusty
You could very easily test this by starting a new flow and adding 1 block: "App shortcut start". Once added, you click on that block to edit it's settings. There is only one setting, an input argument called 'pick shortcut'. Click on it and then find the Playlist Mediamonkey entry from the dropdown menu. When you click on this, the playlist section of MMA is opened. Find a playlist and select it. Then under old (correct) behavior, it takes you back to Automate and under new (incorrect) behavior it stays in the app and gives you the option to add shortcut to homescreen or cancel.

I do wonder if Tasker does work? I think that app is similar to Automate but more GUI based. I've been meaning to test it for ages but haven't gotten around to it. One would assume that the way both apps communicate with MMA playlists would be the same but one might not know what he's talking about. :P Thought it was worth mentioning anyway.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks for clarifying. Tracking this at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20593

-Rusty