When are database fields set / reset?

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

pokeefe0001

When are database fields set / reset?

Post by pokeefe0001 »

I'm looking for an unused (in my installation) integer field in the Songs table that I can use in scripts - a field that will not be reset by MediaMonkey during a library (re)scan, etc. I cannot find a description of when MediaMonkey sets fields in the database. So I've got some questions about fields that seem to be in their initial and/or unused condition in our Songs table.

Are video- and web-related fields ever set by MM when scanning an audio-only library (e.g., only MP3 files)?

What is the "Seekable" field and when is it set?
What is the PreviewState field? (It looks like were using PreviewName as a "custom" field at some point.)
What are the SignType and SignPart1,2,3 fields?
What sets the AudioCDTrack field?
What sets OriginalFileLength?
What sets IDEpisode?
What sets TrackType? (All ours are 0, but I suspect this field is actually used by MM.)
What sets OrigYear? (All ours are -1, 0, or null - nothing that looks like a date.)
What sets ContainerType?
What sets StreamCount? ParentalRating?

(And yes, I know I could use a "Custom" field, but we are already using 4 of them, and I think they are character rather than integer fields.)
MMV4 (1919) Portable
MMW5 (2606) Portable
Multiple Win11 x64 21H2
Multiple Win7 x32, unknown builds
Lowlander

Re: When are database fields set / reset?

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey 5 has 10 Custom fields as well as Extended tags, but custom tags still aren't integer.
pokeefe0001

Post by pokeefe0001 »

I haven't looked at MediaMonkey v5 for a year or so, but it was a non-starter then.
  • For a couple of the computer-phobic people in our non-profit group using our MediaMonkey, any changes in MM's look and feel requires retraining.
  • For the untrained person (i.e., me) doing our MM custoimization, redoing the VBS scripts in JS is not worth it.
For the mean time (and probably until we stop using MediaMonkey) we're stuck on MMW4. So my question still stands: under what circumstances will MM change those fields I asked about?
MMV4 (1919) Portable
MMW5 (2606) Portable
Multiple Win11 x64 21H2
Multiple Win7 x32, unknown builds
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

All the mentioned fields have a purpose. Why don't you add a new integer column to the Songs table with a specific name (to be sure that it will be used exclusivelly by your script) ?