Copy and Swap Fields 1.0.1 [#20211]

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

zabadack

Copy and Swap Fields 1.0.1 [#20211]

Post by zabadack »

I am finding the learning curve with MMW5 very steep so please accept my apologies in advance for such an elemental question.
I downloaded Copy and Swap Fields 1.0.1
I installed it and MMW5 said installation was complete.
MMW5 restarted.
How do I access /run the add-on.
I have performed Google searches and it would seem the question is too elementary to warrant a mention.
Lowlander

Re: Copy and Swap Fields 1.0.1

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Edit tags.
zabadack

Post by zabadack »

Thank you again Lowlander.
Unfortunately it does not do what I want (Copy Date to Original Date as we discussed in another thread.
My search found a couple of very old scripts but I did not know if they would work with 5.
Can you recommend one?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

FYI: Tracking this feature request as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20211
drakinite

Re: Copy and Swap Fields 1.0.1 [#20211]

Post by drakinite »

Copy and Swap Fields version 1.1.1 is now up, which supports classification fields as well as date/originalDate: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... ap-fields/
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
ex23

Post by ex23 »

Hi drakinite,

Thank you very much for your Copy and Swap Fields add-on !

However, with the versions 1.1.2 and 1.1.1, as soon as I put my mouse on the "Copy field to field..." button in the menu, MediaMonkey crashes with the following error message:

https://ibb.co/7VL3ndg

This did not happen with the version 1.0 and 1.0.1.

Do you have a solution to this problem ?

Best regards,

ex23
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Are you using Latest MM 5.1 Beta from http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 86639&sd=d ?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

I just attempted to reproduce the issue on the MM 5.0.0 release and hovering over "Edit tags -> Copy field to field" didn't cause a crash, so I'm not sure if it's a version compatibility issue.

If the crash still occurs after installing the latest MM 5.1 beta, please let me know what node and view you're using that causes the crash.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
PBiznotch

Post by PBiznotch »

drakinite wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:51 pm Copy and Swap Fields version 1.1.1 is now up, which supports classification fields as well as date/originalDate: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... ap-fields/
Hello!
I am in need of doing a massive swap from the Publisher field to Producer field!!! All this time I never noticed there was a Producer field and I have been using Publisher in its place! Can you please help?? I have never used scripts before so if it is possible to update the add-on file and I can re-install a new version, that would be ideal!
TIA much love, PBiz
TWKArtist

Post by TWKArtist »

The Add-On called "Copy Field to Field" in Mediamonkey 5 is great. Problem is that I wanted to copy the field of <Composer> to the field of <Original Artist> and that choice of <Original Artist> does not show up on the pick list. Am I doing something wrong...?