MM5 sync to iPhone not reflected on iPhone

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

tytanic

MM5 sync to iPhone not reflected on iPhone

Post by tytanic »

Hi

I have an iPhone XR which connects fine to MM5, and lists all the music on the phone. However, when I sync or remove files from MM, while the Library reflects these changes, the iPhone itself does not. Similarly, removing songs from the Music app on the iPhone does not remove them from the MM Library

I was fortunate to receive 2 iPhones, a 12 and an XR, both on IOS 16.3.1 and using MMW5 5.0.4.2690. I have been able to add and remove music with the 12 with no problem. Right click music's file location>sync to iPhone, copies it across and Music app updates immediately. I copied about 20G across this way without an issue. The XR looks like it is doing the same thing but with the symptoms listed above.

I have had a look through the forums and found a thread where deleting iTunesControl, iTunesCDB and iTunesPrefs files helped, but this has made no difference to me. This is my other half's phone and everything was effectively copied across from her old phone, which had evidence of some music database corruption (it was showing the wrong cover art for many albums, even though all music files have cover art saved to file.) which is why deleting those files seemed like a possible solution.

I would be tempted to delete the whole library and start again, but at this point it doesn't look like I could add anything back on. She currently has music that is playable, but I would like to get rid of the incorrect cover art, and we are gradually trying to get more of our music in flac format, and I would like to swap out some of the lower resolution files. I'm conscious of not wanting to trash what she has if I don't know how to get music back on..

Hope you can help