Unable to add podcasts to Now Playing playlist immediately after syncing

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

CountZeroOr

Unable to add podcasts to Now Playing playlist immediately after syncing

Post by CountZeroOr »

When listening to current podcasts, rather than binging one podcast in a row, I will add several podcast episodes from different podcasts to the Now Playing list.

Currently, with the beta, after I have performed a podcast sync, I can choose to play a podcast (in the sense of going into a podcast list and chose to play the episodes of that podcast in order), but I can't choose to start a podcast, and then select a different episode of another podcast to play after this episode has finished. When I try holding down on the screen to select the next item, it will not respond - and at most will try to scroll, either on main list of podcasts or on the list of episodes for a particular podcast. I can, however, tap on a podcast to choose to play that episode instead of what's currently playing.

I can recover the issue by restarting the phone - stopping the MediaMonkey app alone does not recover the issue.

MediaMonkey LogID FJ3B9QJTGG

Build 1071, Android Version 13

EDIT: One more thing - after syncing and downloading more podcasts, scrolling in the app isn't as smooth. It kind of hitches slightly.
CountZeroOr

Re: Unable to add podcasts to Now Playing playlist immediately after syncing

Post by CountZeroOr »

Some additional information - this issue doesn't appear to take place if there are tracks already in the Now Playing list at the time of syncing.

EDIT: A couple additional notes.

1) The problem does occur if there are tracks in the Now Playing list, but only if podcasts are removed from the phone (say, if they've been played). The hitching scrolling issues will come up as well.
2) Additionally, after syncing, whether podcasts are removed or not, if Apple Music (and only Apple Music - Tidal and Audible are not impacted by this) is played after the last sync - and the phone hasn't been restarted - if I try to use a Bluetooth remote to control MediaMonkey, the phone will default to Apple Music, even if I've selected the option in MediaMonkey where it receives the remote inputs by default.

I'm sending an updated log pre-restart after this latest recurrence with Log ID E6NN4Z77II
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Thanks for the report! Unfortunately, I'm having trouble understanding it / replicating the issue.
I can't choose to start a podcast, and then select a different episode of another podcast to play after this episode has finished. When I try holding down on the screen to select the next item, it will not respond - and at most will try to scroll...
do you mean that navigating to Podcasts > Subscription > PodcastName and then selecting a track fails? i.e. instead of showing a checkmark over a track that you tap-hold, MMA tries scrolling through the list of tracks?

Podcasts and music tracks should be treated in the same manner by the MMA player. Does the same issue occur when you try to select music tracks?

Thanks!

-Rusty
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

rusty wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:16 pm do you mean that navigating to Podcasts > Subscription > PodcastName and then selecting a track fails? i.e. instead of showing a checkmark over a track that you tap-hold, MMA tries scrolling through the list of tracks?
This is correct.
rusty wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:16 pm Podcasts and music tracks should be treated in the same manner by the MMA player. Does the same issue occur when you try to select music tracks?
For music tracks, it doesn't work for albums, but will work for individual tracks.

It may also recover several minutes after syncing. I tried it again just now, about 30-ish minutes after syncing the phone when I came home from work, and I was able to select podcasts without any issues.
rusty

Post by rusty »

So it sounds like the issue is that views that are organized by Album (music Album, Podcast, Audiobook etc), have some sort of problem with scrolling/selection immediately after synchronization. I guess it occurs when the round status indicator is spinning immediately after synchronization?

-Rusty
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

That sounds about right.