Unexpected duplicate content

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Ian Werich

Unexpected duplicate content

Post by Ian Werich »

Hi everyone,

I've ca. 6000 duplicate contents that I would get rid of.

The majority of these duplicated is "born" in the night between two dates at a time in which I surely hadn't performed any activity on MM and I hadn't listened to most of those tracks since months, if not years.
I'm now deleting every single dupe (from library only) and I wonder if there's an add-on which could take care of this boring activity.
I would also be curious to know if I can set some MM option to to prevent the problem from happening again.

Thank you in advance
Ian
Lowlander

Re: Unexpected duplicate content

Post by Lowlander »

Do both duplicates have the exact same Path or is one duplicate missing the drive letter?
Ian Werich

Post by Ian Werich »

Absolutely the same path.

II suspect that using a program other than MM to play my music can create these duplicates. I remember that, just before I detected the duplication, I had used Winamp as a test for music player.

Ian
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
There was several cases of accidentally duplicates in MM4 when organizing library files in multiple drives, but that was fixed long time in MM5 and even duplicates import in MM5 simple rebuild library will fix them.

In MM4 only way to fix this is to delete one duplicate from library and not from computer which would leave only one copy in Library.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts