Sync problem with artwork [#19690]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Jperodeau

Sync problem with artwork [#19690]

Post by Jperodeau »

I'm using MM5 Gold on Windows 11 to sync to a Samsung Note 9, Android 10, and MMA 2.0.0.1061 with MM Pro 2.0.0023.

All the artwork on MM5 is correct, but when I sync to the phone, a few are correct, but most tracks have the same, apparently random, artwork. I'm syncing over wifi.

Using a file manager on the phone shows that all the artwork is correct, and it displays correctly when using the file manager to play the track.

Might I have a setting wrong in MMA?
Lowlander

Re: Sync problem with artwork

Post by Lowlander »

Are the files with incorrect Artwork on different Albums (same Album and same Album Artist)? MMA uses 1 Artwork per Album.
Jperodeau

Post by Jperodeau »

I don't think it's related to albums directly. I haven't installed any music (on the phone or on the PC) by album, only individual tracks. Album info is retrieved by MMW when it tags the files.

Since my last post, I have deleted all music from the phone and re-synced twice and cleared MMA cache and data.

Google Files shows the tracks with the correct artwork (which I assume it gets from the tags, but MMA shows the same artwork (album cover) for all tracks except those with unknown artwork.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you have no Album and Album Artist values they're all still considered to belong the same Album, thus only a single Artwork for all files without Album and Album Artist is used in MMA. This will improve in future releases of MMA 2.
Jperodeau

Post by Jperodeau »

I finally figured it out, it was a setting: in Devices and Services for my phone, I had the Tags setting for Sync all artwork to "albumart.jpg" to enabled. When I turned that off, all is now well.

Thanks for your help.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Thx for update. as said we plan to improAA handling in future versions and it is tracked in https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19690 and its related bugs.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rusty

Re: Sync problem with artwork [#19690]

Post by rusty »

Disappearing art on Wi-Fi Sync has been fixed in build 1065.
https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19690

Can you confirm one way or the other?

Thanks!

-Rusty
Jperodeau

Re: Sync problem with artwork [#19690]

Post by Jperodeau »

Sorry for not answering sooner - I have seen no further problems with artwork.