Date & Original Date

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

zabadack

Date & Original Date

Post by zabadack »

In order to have separate Album Dates and Track Dates (useful for compilations) Lowlander has suggested that I use Date for the Album Date and Original Date for the Track date.
Having imported 15,000 tracks from iTunes all my dates are in the Date Field.
Short of moving them 1 by 1 does anyone have a suggestion as to how to mass copy Date to Original Date?
Lowlander

Re: Date & Original Date

Post by Lowlander »

zabadack

Post by zabadack »

Thanks for the suggestion; I had already tried that.
Unfortunately this addon is limited to:
Title
Album
Album Artist
Artist
Actor(s)
Author
Conductor
Composer
Director
Custom
Unless someone has another idea I foresee only two possibilities: Write my own script (ugh) or sort all tracks by date and select each date group (probably about a hundred <sigh>).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You might be able to alter the Addon to add the 2 fields.
Hagar

Post by Hagar »

Sorry if I hijack this (can't help you with that)

But I always liked an app named earliest date where it would look up the original date of a song and input it with great accuracy. Sadly it only worked with MM 4. So I load up MM 4 ,tag my files and re-import into MM 5 and I'm in business.

But I noticed something about MM5 when playing a song and I press the black playing bar at the top under the search bar, MM5 will show album art and even look up lyrics, Sweet. But I can' seem to have it show original date instead of the "Date"?

Also while on that topic. is there a way to move or remove the album art to be able to see the slideshow? Slide it to the left or something.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Hagar

Post by Hagar »

Yes I did and as I'd like to say, thanks for being so responsive. This is great.

I did start using original date and am running that script on MM4. So far so good. But as I stated before, when I select now playing and the big window opens up, its still showing the date the compilations (is that the right word?) when it was done. Example, the best of 38 special was made in 2001. But all the songs are from the 70's and 80's. It shows 2001.
I broke my files into playlist, 1960's, 1961, 1962 as so forth all the way through present day. I got to show 2001 to get 38 special?

Now I'm thinking that script I thinks pulls both.Hmmmm,

I'm playing with it. Might have a solution.

Dave
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The Playing has no customization available. The date shown is that of the Album, not the track.
Hagar

Post by Hagar »

So when playing, I'm stuck with the release date rather then the original date? April Wine came out in 1981, but re-released in 2003. When I select "Playing" I get 2003. Even thought I went to "Tools"- "Options"- "Layout-Preview"- "Advanced" and selected "Original Date"

That didn't work for me.

So the date field and original date field cannot be selected separate? As far as when selecting preview while playing?

or

While I'm on the date field. I like to play my music files by year. So I have the;
70's All of the 70's 70-79
71 - 71 -71 only

and so on

Only I want it to use the original date and I can't seem to do that either. Its using the "Date field". Guess I could make them both the same.

Perhaps a later revision might address these concerns?

Trying to keep the whine down here.

But still a great program.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You could use $If(<Original Date>,<Original Date>) as Track summary under Tools > Options > Playback rules and it will display original date in the Player.