[REQ:] "Album Artist" in addtion to "Artist" [#10381 #19899]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

dtsig

Re: REQ #10381: "Album Artist" in addtion to "Artist"

Post by dtsig »

As always ... yeah!!!!!
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
jwhitworth

Post by jwhitworth »

Thank you for this enhancement.

Any chance the album art can be turned off. I do not think it is necessary when browsing lists of artist and album artists.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMA 156 already has a personalizable home screen and has the option to choose Artist, Album Artist and/or Artist & Album Artist.
hamish

Post by hamish »

I see this still isn't available in free, can I add album artist only in pro? I would pay for this, but not use mm without it
jwhitworth

Post by jwhitworth »

Any update on this issue?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You can customize Home screen in MMA 2.0 so this is fixed.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
jwhitworth

Post by jwhitworth »

Sorry. Thought I was posting in a topic related to the lack of "Album Artist" in Android Auto.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Peke wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:22 pm You can customize Home screen in MMA 2.0 so this is fixed.
Only partially fixed.
I can't find how to add the AlbumArtist subnode to Classical Music.

I have only started looking at MMA v2, so maybe I missed something?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Album Artist is not available for Classical Music. I guess the assumption is that Composer would be used commonly for classical music.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:56 am Album Artist is not available for Classical Music. I guess the assumption is that Composer would be used commonly for classical music.
I was hoping that you are wrong, and that it was an oversight.
But I see that the AlbumArtist node is missing from the or first attempt of MMA also.

If this was a "decision" it was by someone who doesn't listen to Classical Music too much.
It is like they see classical music as being just about a bunch of old guys, most of whom are already dead.

The thing is that classical music comes in albums, just like other music.
The AlbumArtist tag collects together all albums by whomever or whatever I put in the albumartist tag. It is whatever is relevant to me; the player, or the primary soloist, or the orchestra or the Composer. ... Whatever it is, it is import to me. And MMA shouldn't just disappear it.

If Composer was the only thing of importance, they would have stopped recording most classical music many years ago as there is already thousands of versions of each of the major works.

This has been an upward battle since the original release of MM5 alpha. IE. a lack of understanding of the needs of album-oriented customers.

Can you see if you can get this omission fixed please?
I have the AlbumArtist subnode enabled in the Classical Node in MM5. It should be possible in MMA also.

PS. I have the same complaint about the default sync location mask for Classical music.
It is unhelpful that syncing a classical album causes loss of structure.
Ie. not only is there no AlbumArtist subnode, but if I try to workaround by using the the Folder I can't, because you have busted and splattered the album structure into a lot of composer shaped pieces. ... And Yes, I know that I can reconfigure it, but the default is unhelpful, and will probably be detected only after the customer has already sync'd their collection, just to find that navigation of it is broken.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks for the feedback!

In MM 1.x, this limitation was kind of by design since there was a limit of 3 'groups' that could be used to divide up Classical Music.

In MM 2.x, when we added the ability to configure 'Top level nodes' and 'Subnodes' and allowed both/either 'artist'/'album artist' to be configured as subnodes to Music, but overlooked doing the same for other Top Level nodes.

Tracked at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19899

-Rusty