Playing From Cloud

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Dryst

Re: Playing From Cloud

Post by Dryst »

Thank you, and I do appreciate your advice.

The good news is that I did have a backup at least! A two year old backup, but it's better than nothing :lol:

The data from the QNAP is recoverable, and I will get it back eventually. Nothing is lost. It's just not accessible right now. I will get it eventually.
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

I actually am a longtime user of Neutron player for Android. I have this app installed on all of my Android devices. Today I just completed WebDAV source import of my entire pCloud My Music library. It just completed earlier today. I am actually excited to be able to play my high def audio content from pCloud in my vehicle. Neutron Bluetooth to my vehicle fully supports album art and all tag info. I want to make sure Neutron's WebDAV support offers this same functionality :D
Peke

Post by Peke »

Dryst wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:22 pm I actually am a longtime user of Neutron player for Android. I have this app installed on all of my Android devices. Today I just completed WebDAV source import of my entire pCloud My Music library. It just completed earlier today. I am actually excited to be able to play my high def audio content from pCloud in my vehicle. Neutron Bluetooth to my vehicle fully supports album art and all tag info. I want to make sure Neutron's WebDAV support offers this same functionality :D
Not sure how this is related to MM, but as WebDAV is natively supported in Windows it maps as local HDD and can be normally imported in MM as folder, I do not see any issue I've done it even on my regular hosting plan where I mapped non public folder as WebDAV so that I have online sync.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Back to MM-- the app is freezing on me a lot. I actually have not even had a chance to play media yet. I am allowing it to scan for moved files on my P: drive. It just froze again.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capturenfreezing in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens on your setup.
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Dryst wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:32 am I am not seeing that MediaMonkey does much, if any, of pre-loading or caching of audio files. My question is if my audio library exists on my P: drive will MMW5 be able to play music with gapless playback? How about randomly played songs? Will I be waiting for large FLAC files to be downloaded over the Internet before playback? Is there any read ahead and/or pre-loading for the next upcoming song that I may configure? Is anyone doing something similar today with a media library stored on cloud? Does it work without issues for you, or are there lengthy delays waiting for MMW5 to load the next song to be played?
After taking a break from MMW5, I have my entire library moved to my P: drive under pCloud. After doing this, I added new files under P: too to catch all the missing files. Both processes took quite a bit of time to complete for a library of 30,000 files. The scanning took a long time, but I am facing no issues with playback at all. Playback from one FLAC to another appears seamless with no delays.

The MMW5 freezing issue appears to have been related to me attempting to scan when there was a lot of data queued to be transmitted to pCloud. This data did exist on my P: drive, but there was a queue of at least 1TB of data to be uploaded. I waited until all this data was sent, tried again the next day, and MMW5 did not freeze. It was a hard program freeze that I could only end the task from Task Manager.

The work-around appears to be to wait until the cloud upload queue is completed.

Finally, I manage all tag data via Tag&Rename and never use MMW5 to write to tags. I have always had updating my audio files disabled since using the software. It reads only and never writes.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/j34 ... pCloud.jpg
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

During NNW5 playback of a FLAC file, I am seeing lots of data downloaded over Ethernet. pCloud Drive is a multi-threaded process and retrieves data on demand for retrieved content.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/o4s ... ayback.jpg
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
My best guess will be that after we add pCloud native support that uploading overhead will not be a problem.

FYI 22.6 is completely normal especially as there is encryption which calculate bit less than 2Mb/s of streaming data while playing.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts