[REQ] Pinned playlist icon - drag onto to add / click to open / dblclick to edit [#19884]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

thomasfgoodwin

[REQ] Pinned playlist icon - drag onto to add / click to open / dblclick to edit [#19884]

Post by thomasfgoodwin »

I am liking the home screen view, having a flat list to pin playlists (which I'd otherwise have to find several layers deep in an organizational hierarchy) is great.

However, dragging a song onto the pinned playlist icon currently creates a new pinned item for the file being dragged, and clicking the icon appears to do nothing (with or without media playing. My default action is "play now" for either).

I use a few playlists to exclude tracks from my Auto-DJ source playlist, for example an "explicit language" playlist. I'd like to have those playlists pinned to home, and be able to easily drag from my Playing list onto the pinned playlist icon to flag songs as I listen. Ideally I'd also be able to drag from the Player waveform or track summary, but dragging from the filename in the Playing list already works and would be fine. Dragging a file onto the playlist in the Tree also already works.

Then, related to this but not necessary for my envisioned workflow is having a single click on the playlist icon expand the playlist in-place (like album and artist nodes on the home screen work currently) and double-click open the playlist view for editing.

Thank you for considering.

Edit: I'm migrating my installation to a different computer. On the new computer, single-clicking a pinned playlist icon does indeed open the playlist. Both computers are running MediaMonkey 5.0.4.2690

Edit 2: After finishing setting up the new computer, single-clicking playlist icons on the home screen no longer works. I'll try to step back and see what setting breaks this.

edit 3: Got it, single-clicking behavior on playlist icons in home screen is broken if "Pinned" is not selected to show in Library>Collections & Views
Last edited by thomasfgoodwin on Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Re: [REQ] Pinned playlist icon - drag onto to add / click to open / dblclick to edit

Post by Lowlander »

You can D&D on the pinned Playlist in the Media Tree.

Added for review: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19884

Both Home and Pinned open Playlists with single click for me.
thomasfgoodwin

Re: [REQ] Pinned playlist icon - drag onto to add / click to open / dblclick to edit

Post by thomasfgoodwin »

Thanks Lowlander, I think I was editing my post to say I figured out the cause of the single-click bug while you were typing.

Dragging onto the playlist in the Tree works okay, but if you have a lot of playlists and/or they have a lot of nesting it gets a little silly.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can D&D them onto Pinned Playlists in the Pinned node in the Media Tree (besides Playlists in the Playlist node or a Playlist opened in a separate tab).