Artwork Bug [#19690]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Thomas Knickmeier

Artwork Bug [#19690]

Post by Thomas Knickmeier »

For many years I have included cover art in the MP3 files. The latest version of Media Monkey for Android messes everything up. It randomly replaces my own images with other images that don't match the title or artist. Luckily I have a backup. I just don't have time to take care of it right now. Be careful, if you don't have a backup, you run the risk of losing your cover photos
rusty

Re: Artwork Bug

Post by rusty »

Hi Thomas,

How do you get your tracks onto your device--do you sync them with MediaMonkey for Windows?

I'm asking because whenever you do a sync operation, MediaMonkey for Windows should normally update your tracks with any changes to artwork that you've made.

-Rusty
rusty

Re: Artwork Bug

Post by rusty »

Disappearing art on Wi-Fi Sync has been fixed in build 1065.
https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19690

Can you confirm one way or the other?

Thanks!

-Rusty
jlw1001

Re: Artwork Bug [#19690]

Post by jlw1001 »

I have a Artwork problem similar to this. The album art tagged to my mp3 file on MM-Windows will change when it is synced to MM-Android. I have figured out what causes the problem.

If the album title for an artist is similar to another artist in the same playlist, such as "Greatest Hits" then when that mp3 file is synced to Android all "Greatest Hits" albums from different artists are changed to the same picture, although on Windows it is correct!

Is this a bug that has been reported? IS there a fix? I know I can fix the problem, if i change the name of the artist's album name from example; "Greatest Hits" to "Greatest Hits-01" for the second artist.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMA only has 1 Artwork per Album (not per file) and files with the same Album and same Album Artist values are considered the same Album. Is Album Artist blank or the same value in MMW/MMA?
jlw1001

Post by jlw1001 »

I figured out the problem. The albums that were wrong on the Android device had the 'Album Artist' field blank. When those albums synced from the Windows database to the Android database the art was incorrect if the album had the same name as another artist's album, such as 'Greatest Hits'. When i made the album artist name the same as the artist field and remove the playlist and resynced the playlist it corrected the art for each album.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Correct, blank Album Artist causes all files with the same Album value to be considered the same Album.
jlw1001

Post by jlw1001 »

Thanks, that's works.