Randomly starts playing... [#20014]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

roush9799

Randomly starts playing... [#20014]

Post by roush9799 »

I've got the latest version on my Samsung Galaxy S20FE. I upgraded a month or so ago when it came out. On random nights at random times, maybe once or twice a week, I'll have my phone on my wireless charger by my bed. All of a sudden Media Monkey will start playing on it's own. At first I thought maybe an alarm issue, but it's on a different day and a different time. May come on at 11:30 one night and maybe 2am on a different morning and it doesn't matter the day as that's random too. Still trying to figure out if it's the app, or a setting in the app or just my phone.
Lowlander

Re: Randomly starts playing...

Post by Lowlander »

Is something connected to it via Bluetooth when that happens and which version of MMA?

You could try disabling [url=https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/MMA_Se ... e_controls]Resume play on connection[url].
roush9799

Post by roush9799 »

Thanks, I think I'll try that. It woke me at 1:21 this morning again.
tomjonze

Post by tomjonze »

Did you get a resolution to this? I've just started to experience this issue. I switched settings around a little because previously it was just dropping audio for a few seconds and now that problem is gone but replaced with randomly just playing music at 1PM, or 2AM ... or ..whenever it wants....
rusty

Post by rusty »

I observed this a couple of times with 2.0.01099 as well and captured a log of it, so hopefully we'll have a fix soon. If it occurs for you again, please capture a log and share the log ID here, and the name of the track that spontaneously started playing.

As in your case, with me the issue seems to be related to bluetooth playback.

Tracking this at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20014

Thanks!

-Rusty
rusty

Re: Randomly starts playing... [#20014]

Post by rusty »

fyi: in my case, the logs show that the BT headset had been tapped (thereby initiating playback). I definitely didn't do so intentionally, but it's possible that something triggered the headset. Regardless, it doesn't appear to be a bug in MMA as the trigger was external to MMA.

In your case, is it playing over a bluetooth speaker or just from the phone? Can you generate a log after this occurs and post the logID here?

Thanks!

-Rusty
Music_Clown

Post by Music_Clown »

I have this same issue and none of my BT headsets are turned on as they are all sitting on their rack in an unpowered state.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Music_Clown wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:25 am I have this same issue and none of my BT headsets are turned on as they are all sitting on their rack in an unpowered state.
When that happen Use ☰ -> ? -> Send Logs -> Write log ID here -> Submit Reply -> Send Log With OK. That should give us info what sent play command.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts