MMA Keeps sticking at end of playing track after updating track properties [#19757]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

F1nchy

Re: MMA Keeps sticking at end of playing track after updating track properties [#19757]

Post by F1nchy »

Hi Rusty
My phone updated to build 1070 last night and has played for around 4 hours with no issues (despite me updating lots of tracks property tags and ratings), but then I've just had it stick twice in the last 15 minutes! Gah! It tricked me!

I'll keep using it today and feedback, the fact it played for 4 hours with no issue indicates that it may be better even if not 100% resolved yet.

One think I did notice is that when I change/add the rating in properties it does now show up on the main playback screen, whereas until yesterday rating changes in properties weren't reflected on the main playback screen.

I've not been able to check the other issue of showing different track after syncing to MM5 changes a playlist, but will hopefully today.
rusty

Re: MMA Keeps sticking at end of playing track after updating track properties [#19757]

Post by rusty »

fyi, I haven't been able to replicate the crash, but I was able to replicate the issue of the Player pointing to the wrong track after a track is deleted during a sync operation. Tracked at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19857

Thanks!

-Rusty

p.s. please share a log ID from 1070 if you can replicate the crash triggered by editing.
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

I have been getting the crashing fairly regularly whilst listening and editing, not at all when just playing with no editing though.

When do I need to do the generate log? Whilst it's still running and the track is stuck, or after I kill the app and restart? WHich is best for this issue?
rusty

Post by rusty »

I'm not certain, but I guess in order to have the best chances of capturing the problem:
1) one log after the tag operation and playback gets stuck
2) a log after MM restarts (after it crashes)

Thanks!

-Rusty
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

OK, so I got it already this morning (after the first time I edited a track today!)
The log ID taken when it gets stuck at the end of the track (ie stuck on 0:00) and before forcing stop is 5K22KT3PP6
And the log ID taken straight after forcing stop and then restarting is LQ1Z47398U

Hope that helps, let me know if you need more.

Thanks
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks! We'll look into this...

-Rusty
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

Hi Rusty

I updated to 1071 this morning and have a couple more error logs for you.

After updating, when I edit track properties a similar still issue occurs, but slightly differently. Previously, when it stuck after editing it would just stick on 0:00 and be silent. However, since updating to 1071 it now does start playing the next track, but the screen still displays that previous track and you can't move back, forward, etc. I was able to create an error log (MYQP4NZA75) when this happened, and then another after I forced closed MMA and restarted it (8HUPUAL92H).

One other thing I noted; I use Simple Lastfm to scrobble my plays, but when the above happens it doesn't scrobble the track the screen froze on, even though it's played the next one in the background. To get it to scrobble I have to force close MMA, restart it, skip back to the previous track that was playing and move to the end, so it thinks it's been played again and picks up the end of track to scrobble (when MMA restarts it starts on the track it had started playing in the background)

Before updating to 1071, when I forced MMA closed it would restart back at the beginning of the original track it had gotten stuck on.

Hope that helps.....!
Thanks
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks. It's still on our todo list (though I wish we could replicate it...). BTW, does disabling scrobbling have any impact?

-Rusty
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

I've just tried playing a couple with scrobbling disabled for MMA in simple last FM and make some results but it still has the same issue so I don't think that makes a difference.
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

Just thought I'd feedback since updating to 1073 a few days ago.

I don't know if anything was expected to improve/resolve this issue, but unfortunately I'm still having the same problem when updating tags. I can play for ages if I leave it alone, but as soon as I try up update properties it starts freezing at the end still, probably as bad as it was before.

Thought I'd let you guys know....
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

It's not going to be in the initial 2.0.0.1073 release, but it's on the to do list for the next release (we're unable to replicate it, but your logs should help us get it fixed.

Thanks!

-Rusty

Aside: 2.0.0.1073 was released to Production (still awaiting approval by Google) despite this issue because it fixes a few much more common/severe issues affecting the 1.4.x release. This issue (and about 10-15 others) are planned to be fixed in an update to be released in a few weeks.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

fyi, this issue has been fixed in build 1079 (currently available as beta and slowly rolling out to Production).

Can you confirm that it works for you?

Thanks!

-Rusty
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

Hi Rusty, yes, I've been using 1079 since Friday and so far so good, no freezing!

Much more enjoyable! :)

Thanks!
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

Just to update, this (skipping tracks after updating ratings and syncing to MM5, etc) issue still persists after updating MMA to 2.0.0.1091.

https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19857

I couldn't find a specific thread for it so thought I should post my feedback in here.

Thanks
rusty

Post by rusty »

Yeah, #19857 is still on our 'must fix' for 2.0 list (along with 25 other issues).

Thanks!

-Rusty