Refreshing my phone without killing the music

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

stonefree

Refreshing my phone without killing the music

Post by stonefree »

Whilst MediaMonkey (2.0) is my primary music player on my phone, I also have Amazon for when I buy any new CDs that are also on Amazon's servers the (which they call AutoRip), and it will allow me to download any of these tracks/albums to my phone.

At one point I definitely had the entire Yes Album discography from a box set I bought that is also in the cloud, however I'm finding at the moment that there's something wrong with the Amazon App and it fails to download these.

Is it possible to move all my music out into a different folder and yet retain all the music that MediaMonkey has catalogued as I don't want to have to re-edit the Gomez 5 CD set that came from the cloud without nice tags for the separate albums. Media Monkey correctly knows the albums for each track, so I don't want to loose this.

I did create a sub-folder of Music (where the Amazon app put its tracks), called "Home Library Music" so if I could move this (and placing the Gomez tracks there) whilst retaining the track updates in the MediaMonkeyDB, I could then delete all the unimportant Amazon tracks, and then just get its app to redownload them.
Lowlander

Re: Refreshing my phone without killing the music

Post by Lowlander »

MMA does not save tags to the files. So tag changes are only saved to the MMA database. Only on Sync with MMW can tag changes be saved to the files.

Thus you shouldn't move files as the tag changes will be lost.