Scanning files to library problem

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

AudioDog

Scanning files to library problem

Post by AudioDog »

So I've upgraded to the latest version just yesterday (4.0.3.1476) and now the scan files to library feature isn't working properly. Prior, when I deleted files from my designated music location, MM would ask me if I wanted to remove them from the library as well, but now, when I move or delete files, MM would not ask me that. I would need to manually delete the files from the library so they won't show up.

The other problem has to do with scanning my music into MM library. I set it up so that it would scan one folder in my C drive that's placed within the default "Music" library in Windows 7. However, even with that set, MM would just scan the entire Music library folder and not just that one folder within it. So I would get some content that I didn't want in the MM library.

Is this a known bug or am I alone here?
Lowlander

Re: Scanning files to library problem

Post by Lowlander »

1) This depends on where you're deleting the files. In the Now Playing the confirmation can be enabled/disabled under Tools > Options > Confirmations.

2) Probably because you only have one child folder. Create a second child folder and now only select the one child folder you want scanned and it shouldn't scan the other files in the parent you don't want added.
AudioDog

Post by AudioDog »

Actually, I do have multiple artists folders within that music folder yet MM would still scan everything outside that one music folder. I am also deleting files directly from the hard drive through windows explorer and not MM, but even when I rescan MM would not delete my deleted files.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Is Remove unavailable items enabled under Tools > Options > Library?
AudioDog

Post by AudioDog »

The remove options are available and are both checked.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

AudioDog wrote:The remove options are available and are both checked.
They'll only be removed after a rescan (File > Add/rescan) of the location of the deleted files.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
AudioDog

Post by AudioDog »

nohitter151 wrote:
AudioDog wrote:The remove options are available and are both checked.
They'll only be removed after a rescan (File > Add/rescan) of the location of the deleted files.
Yea I figured they should, but they don't. Every new album I put outside that one music folder is continuously being included in the library even after rescan and even after I double check MM's settings to not include it.
milli

Post by milli »

I'm having the same problem, files aren't being deleted from the library following a rescan. Yes, the "remove unavailable items" box is checked. I just found a ton of library entries to a drive that I reassigned about a month ago.
milli

Post by milli »

I just noticed a new version is out, I as on the same vers as OP, will try it out and report back if prob persists.
milli

Post by milli »

Yeah, confirmed new version 4.0.5 fixes the issue. Great work guys, thanks!
mjlenox

Post by mjlenox »

Sorry, but I am running 4.0.6.1501 and have the same problems. Ever since version 4, the MM re-scan never removes entries from the database that have been physically deleted in another program like Windows Explorere. Full re-scan, check this box, check that box, NONE of it works and it is really VERY annoying.

All files must be manually removed from the database using MM ONLY.

It's beginning to feel a lot like iTunes. :o(
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

mjlenox wrote:Sorry, but I am running 4.0.6.1501 and have the same problems. Ever since version 4, the MM re-scan never removes entries from the database that have been physically deleted in another program like Windows Explorere. Full re-scan, check this box, check that box, NONE of it works and it is really VERY annoying.

All files must be manually removed from the database using MM ONLY.

It's beginning to feel a lot like iTunes. :o(
Works fine for me, I just tested it. Please generate a debug log.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rotorb

Post by rotorb »

I'm running 4.1.31.1919 and having the same problem. How would you like me to generate a debug log? Turn on debugging, delete a file, run Add/Rescan, and then save logs?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey 4 is no longer developed. However if you experience the same problem on MediaMonkey 5, then a debug log from MediaMonkey 5 would be helpful.