"Overwrite non-portable installation"

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Ludek

Re: "Overwrite non-portable installation"

Post by Ludek »

It looks that you must have installed 2690 as non-portable (otherwise your MM5.DB wouldn't be in the AppData folder).
BTW: There is [Portable] section in the /Portable/MediaMonkey.ini file and if the value IsPortable=0 then the database and data are taken from the AppData folder...
tbm72

Re: "Overwrite non-portable installation"

Post by tbm72 »

Thanks Ludek - I know it sounds like I must have installed as non-portable at some point but I'm certain I've always selected portable for MM5 installs. The only time I installed as non-portable was for MM4 years ago.

I double checked there were no MM folders in my Program Files folder, no option to uninstall from Windows (add/remove) and even checked the registry. The only thing that was out of place was that there was a MM5 folder in my roaming profile. I think something strange happened when I had a system crash recently and MM5 lost all my library. Maybe when I reimported the database something got mixed up or corrupted.

It was most probably user error but anyway it's all working correctly now and is 100% a portable install after I did a clean installation and imported a db backup!