Missing Horizontal Text

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

koehjo

Missing Horizontal Text

Post by koehjo »

I suspect this is a simple issue but I cannot seem to solve it. :( For years, I used MM4 with no problems but I seem to have lost my touch. I have what appears to be a single, intact database, so I suspect this is a settings issue.

For, example: When I display Anita O'Day in the left-hand column, underneath her name MM4 simply displays All. Under that It displays: Anita O'Day and the name of the album, Jazz Around Midnight (Anita O'Day).

So far, so Good. But in the middle of the screen, no text appears. No song titles, no paths, no genre, no length of song, etc. I know this information is in the database because I can see it when I display the album in MM5 (I plan to switch soon).

Many thanks for your help in setting up my configuration correctly.
Joan
koehjo

Re: Missing Horizontal Text

Post by koehjo »

Sorry. If this issue applies to my configuration only, please let me know where to look in the Knowledge Base, etc. Thanks.
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Missing Horizontal Text

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi,

I would first check the following:

In the left hand column, select Entire Library then Files To Edit then Unknown Album. You may want to also check the other "Files To Edit" nodes.

You did not say in your initial post how you were trying to display information from the left hand column. Entire Library / Music or... The "Nodes" in the left hand column are set by Manage Collections (or Tools / Options / Media Tree). Hopefully, you are seeing Entire Library / Music / Classical Music.
Ian Taylor