Need a script to change the tempo of a track

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

rossy5502

Need a script to change the tempo of a track

Post by rossy5502 »

need a script to enable MM to change a tempo of a track to a desired percentage like 1.5 for example and when synched with a device like an iPod or similar it will keep the desired tempo synched too .
if anyone can do this it will be much appreciated.
all I want is to be able to speed up the track without distorting the voice if possible.
thank you
drakinite

Re: Need a script to change the tempo of a track

Post by drakinite »

rossy5502 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:20 am all I want is to be able to speed up the track without distorting the voice if possible.
Judging by this, I assume you mean you actually want to edit the audio itself, rather than simply editing the tempo metadata?

If that's the case, then it is not possible to do via an addon. I would recommend something like Audacity, which gives you a lot of control over how you want to edit a track. If you search, you'll be able to find tutorials on how to use Audacity to edit a track's tempo in the way you want.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
rossy5502

Post by rossy5502 »

Thank you for your reply, I am using Audio speed changer pro ATM, but was wondering if i can speed up the temp direct from MM5 to safe the hassle of having to use an external program, found https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... /settempo/
a script that changes the tempo direct from MM5 but it is not doing it for me, i 'd like to choose how fast i was the track to be, the above one is set to choose one of the well-known global default tempo according to the BPM, like "largo" and so on.
thanks anyway
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

The Set Tempo addon does not change the actual speed of the track. It simply helps you edit the tag, for categorization purposes. If you want to edit the track speed, you'll need to keep an external program, sorry.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
rossy5502

Post by rossy5502 »

i see, i was wondering about that, cause i tried it and nothing happened, so for now will keep using Audio speed changer or audacity macro.
thank you