I uploaded all my music to OneDrive and now MM shows duplicates of every song

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

The Original G Man

I uploaded all my music to OneDrive and now MM shows duplicates of every song

Post by The Original G Man »

I recently uploaded all of my files, including all of my music, to Microsoft OneDrive and now Media Monkey shows duplicates of each song, one on my desktop and one in OneDrive. How do I have MM just show the music on my desktop?
Lowlander

Re: I uploaded all my music to OneDrive and now MM shows duplicates of every song

Post by Lowlander »

How did you upload to OneDrive? Did you use MediaMonkey Cloud Sync for that?
The Original G Man

Re: I uploaded all my music to OneDrive and now MM shows duplicates of every song

No. I have all of my music in a shared folder called "Public Music" and uploaded that directly to OneDrive
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That explains the duplicates. When you Sync from MediaMonkey this won't happen.
The Original G Man

That worked! Thanks, Lowlander!
The Original G Man

Lowlander ... new issue has popped up on this. Everytime I open MediaMonkey it starts to download all of my music from OneDrive. I get a popup that allows me to "Cancel" or "Block the app." I've tried both to no avail. Any idea how I can get this to stop happening?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Is it MediaMonkey or the OneDrive App itself doing the downloading?
The Original G Man

I don't know. This is the pop up I get when I open MediaMonkey:

I've tried following that path in both OneDrive and MediaMonkey to no avail.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There seems to be no such exact setting in the OneDrive settings. However there is Sync and Backup, lower on the page Advanced settings > Files On-Demand. It seems selecting Free up disk space keeps files on-line only instead of downloading them when accessed.
Peke

Post by Peke »

The Original G Man wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 5:57 am I don't know. This is the pop up I get when I open MediaMonkey:

I've tried following that path in both OneDrive and MediaMonkey to no avail.
Image you sent is from One drive application not MM Plugin, I would suggest that you exclude One drive Auto Sync or Ignore One Drive folder on PC. You can't scan local files (from one drive to PC plugin) and also sync same files with MM5 you get doubles.

It is easier not to scan that folder into MM5 Library eg. make OneDrive sync folder (for System app) outside MM scanning range.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
ElaineOsborne

Post by ElaineOsborne »

The Original G Man wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:44 pm I recently uploaded all of my files, including all of my music, to Microsoft OneDrive and now Media Monkey shows duplicates of each song, one on my desktop and one in OneDrive. How do I have MM just show the music on my desktop?
you can follow these steps:

Open MediaMonkey on your desktop.
Go to the "Tools" menu and select "Options."
In the Options window, navigate to the "Library" tab.
Under the "Location" section, you'll see a list of folders that MediaMonkey is monitoring for music files.
Locate the folder that contains your music on your desktop. This is typically the default folder where MediaMonkey scans for music during installation, but you can add additional folders if needed.
Remove the checkmark next to the folder representing your Microsoft OneDrive location to exclude it from MediaMonkey's library. This will prevent MediaMonkey from scanning and displaying those files.
Click "OK" to save the changes and close the Options window.