Modify the drop-down: AutoTagFromWeb>[Options] ...?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

peter_h

Modify the drop-down: AutoTagFromWeb>[Options] ...?

Post by peter_h »

In the AutoTag-From-Web dialog, the [Options] button (located upper-right) drops down a list of sources to get tagging info from ( e.g. US Amazon.com ) . Nearly all are now useless, except Discogs, due to the age of MM4. How do I hack/edit this list to hide and disable the source-scripts that no longer work? Is there a text/ini file... or registry key that I can edit... or files what I need to remove from a folder?

Also, in addition to the ones not working/not current, some plugins that I manually loaded, but have since "uninstalled" have failed to remove themselves from this list, so they still show, and predictably produce errors when selected. Would be nice to clean these up manually too.

Thanks! :) Pete
:) Pete, from Wellington, New Zealand.

Running MM4 4.1.31.1919, on Win7 SP1, 16Gig memory, on Lenovo W530 (Intel i7) laptop
**If you're wondering why I'm still on MM4: It still has more useful-to-me plugins; and I prefer the GUI's responsiveness, panes spreadable over multi-monitors flexibility, and predictability (all coz it's more Windows-native). I also hate "flat design" for its visual inefficiency. For me, MM4's benefits are still > MM5, and MM5's downsides < MM4.
Peke

Re: Modify the drop-down: AutoTagFromWeb>[Options] ...?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Only way in MM4 is to create new search plugin like discogs.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
peter_h

Post by peter_h »

Peke wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:26 am Hi,
Only way in MM4 is to create new search plugin like discogs.
I'm only wanting to remove some of those already there, rather than create a new one. Like, just remove their registration with the MM4 system, somehow...??
:) Pete, from Wellington, New Zealand.

Running MM4 4.1.31.1919, on Win7 SP1, 16Gig memory, on Lenovo W530 (Intel i7) laptop
**If you're wondering why I'm still on MM4: It still has more useful-to-me plugins; and I prefer the GUI's responsiveness, panes spreadable over multi-monitors flexibility, and predictability (all coz it's more Windows-native). I also hate "flat design" for its visual inefficiency. For me, MM4's benefits are still > MM5, and MM5's downsides < MM4.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
In MM4 native ones can't be removed, they are hardcoded. We improved this in MM5.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts