Song details on car head display

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Blorkersson

Song details on car head display

Post by Blorkersson »

An issue has recently appeared whereby the Now Playing track information in MMA on my Samsung phone is not being updated on my car's entertainment display. I have the phone connected by Bluetooth to the car, for calls and audio, and nothing about this setup has changed recently.

Until the recent update to MMA (to version 2.0.0.1073 updated on 14th March 2023, and with MMA Pro version 2.0.0023, last updated on 13th December 2022), the song information on my car's display would be the song that is playing (albeit that the update to the display was about one or two seconds after the song begins playing, but that's not the issue).

However, since the update, the song information stays on the first song that was played when the car's Bluetooth started it. If I change the car media to another source and then back to MMA, the Now Playing information shows the current song, but once that song finishes, the same issue occurs and the information for the first song continues to display, while a different song is playing.

Something new that I have also noticed, which may or may not be related, is that whenever I switch to MMA on my phone, a drop-down arrow on the Home Screen appears, which if I tap-to-reveal, shows that the player is scanning files into the library. This appears to slow down MMA. Could it be the cause of the Now Playing display and what can be done about the display issue?
Peke

Re: Song details on car head display

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Once you observe slowdowns and down arrow is still scanning for files please send us log file by using ☰ -> ? -> Send LOGs and write down log ID here before sending it.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
DoylePadilla

Post by DoylePadilla »

Clear the cache and data of the MMA app on your phone. To do this, go to "Settings" -> "Apps" -> "MMA" -> "Storage" and click on "Clear cache" and "Clear data". Then re-enter the app and check to see if the track information appears on the vehicle's display. Delete the Bluetooth profile on your phone and in the car, then reconnect the devices. This may help establish a new connection and update the track information on the car display. Try changing the audio player settings. Go to the MMA settings and make sure "Display track information" and "Report playback status" are enabled. Also try changing the audio file format to see if it affects the display of track information.
Blorkersson

Post by Blorkersson »

Peke wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:27 pm Hi,
Once you observe slowdowns and down arrow is still scanning for files please send us log file by using ☰ -> ? -> Send LOGs and write down log ID here before sending it.
I have sent a log, taken while a scan was in progress. Reference number MRL5QZLDS5.
Blorkersson

Post by Blorkersson »

DoylePadilla wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:12 am Clear the cache and data of the MMA app on your phone. To do this, go to "Settings" -> "Apps" -> "MMA" -> "Storage" and click on "Clear cache" and "Clear data".
Although I did confirm Clear Cache, I have not confirmed Clear Data. When I tapped on it I get a warning that states "All of this application's data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts, databases etc."

It is not clear why you would recommend deleting every single thing. Can you enlighten me?
Try changing the audio player settings. Go to the MMA settings and make sure "Display track information" and "Report playback status" are enabled.
I looked in the app's settings and checked all the headings in there. I do not see any option for either Display Track Information or for Report Playback Status. Which sub-heading are they in?
Also try changing the audio file format to see if it affects the display of track information.
I am inclined to believe the issue has been caused by the recent update to MMA, which now causes the app to re-scan it's database whenever I (or the app itself) look in a new heading, not by file formats. So it unless there is compelling evidence that this could rectify the problem, I won't be doing that.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Blorkersson wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:50 am Although I did confirm Clear Cache, I have not confirmed Clear Data. When I tapped on it I get a warning that states "All of this application's data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts, databases etc."
That means all files in MMA installation folders not actual media files that were in MMA library. Just tried it and Media files were intact, but settings/profile/UI was reset to first run.
Best regards,
Peke
Blorkersson

Post by Blorkersson »

Thank you for your response Peke.

I'm trying one step at a time, so I'll check to see what happens in my car now. If it's still the same, perhaps I'll go for the Clear Data option.

Perhaps if the message had stated that it did not mean the media files, I would have been less concerned. I have a large library on my phone and don't especially want to have to re-download it, not even with Sync.

Thanks once again.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
NOTE: It will delete any media Files that are in MMA Specific folder eg. /Androiid/Data/com.ventismedia..../files/ as they are part of MMA Data folder.
Best regards,
Peke
mal12345

Post by mal12345 »

Definetly broken on the new version of MediaMonkey Android. I have 3 different vehicles, and Song information no longer works. I also have 3 family members who now have the same exact issue. Please fix.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you try switching AVRCP from 1.5 to something else as suggested here: viewtopic.php?t=103998
Blorkersson

Post by Blorkersson »

Just to let you guys know (if you're still watching the discussion), the various suggestions about clearing cache and deleting data did not fix the issue. However, I have noticed that the head display is now updating with the track information once the song changes.

The significant difference is that I'm now on version 2.0.0.1079, although I didn't notice that the app had been updated (probably failed to notice it when several others where being updated). I assume therefore, that the 1079 update is what fixed the issue.

If the issue returns, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thank you.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks for the heads up!

There still seems to be an issue on some devices in which:
1) The playing title is prefaced by # (its order in the Playing list)
2) Artwork appears only for the first track and not subsequent tracks

Are you seeing either of those?

-Rusty
Blorkersson

Post by Blorkersson »

Aha! When I first started adding music to my phone, I did see the artwork on the car's display, but that stopped a very long time ago. That must have been long before 2.0.0.1073.

I've not noticed the # symbol on the car's display at any time.

The return of the artwork would be nice, mainly because it provides an additional cue about any song that I want to check later, although here in the UK, one can't look at the display for too long as our roads are too congested.
rusty

Post by rusty »

OK--thanks for the update!

-Rusty
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi, fyi, we've made another tweak in build 1084 (currently available as a beta: Options > About MediaMonkey > Register for test buids) regarding:
1) The playing title is prefaced by # (its order in the Playing list)
2) Artwork appears only for the first track and not subsequent tracks

This is device-specific, so can you let us know if it works for you?

Thanks!

-Rusty