MMA doesn't delete/confirm songs when syncing

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

MusicKing

MMA doesn't delete/confirm songs when syncing

Post by MusicKing »

When I'm using the wifi sync mode, MMA imports songs from MMW but doesn't confirm songs to be deleted (and thus doesn't delete them). How can I fix this?

And MM developers, have you guys noticed how big this Forum has become? Should give you developers an idea just HOW unoptimized this software is, with so many users facing problems.......smh
Lowlander

Re: MMA doesn't delete/confirm songs when syncing

Post by Lowlander »

What option have you set to for deleting files?
MusicKing

Post by MusicKing »

Lowlander wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:57 pm What option have you set to for deleting files?
Unselected server files will remove any media files
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

And you're sure the files you expect to be deleted are still in MMW, but no longer on the Sync List?

Which Build of MMA and MMW are you using for the Sync?
MusicKing

Post by MusicKing »

Lowlander wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:02 pm And you're sure the files you expect to be deleted are still in MMW, but no longer on the Sync List?

Which Build of MMA and MMW are you using for the Sync?
The songs are already deleted from MMW and HDD, so normally MMA asks if they can be removed from MMA as well. This time, they won't.

MMA : 2.0.0.1080
MMW : 5.0.4.2690
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MusicKing wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:08 pmThe songs are already deleted from MMW and HDD,
In that case they won't be deleted with the setting you have. Only files still in MMW, but not on the Sync list will be deleted. You need to set it to All unselected files
MusicKing

Post by MusicKing »

Lowlander wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:38 pm
MusicKing wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:08 pmThe songs are already deleted from MMW and HDD,
In that case they won't be deleted with the setting you have. Only files still in MMW, but not on the Sync list will be deleted. You need to set it to All unselected files
Can you explain that to me a bit more? I don't quite understand that. Although this setting now worked for me.
Last edited by MusicKing on Sun May 21, 2023 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

By default MediaMonkey does not delete files on Sync that are not in the MMW Library. So if you remove files from MMW it won't remove them on Sync. Changing it the suggested setting will remove files removed from MMW on Sync.