Genius Lyrics Source

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

mnaoumov

Re: Lyrics Lookup is not working for songs with Non-English metadata

Post by mnaoumov »

IanRTaylorUK wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:54 am Tried your file with MMW4 and got an error using the standard lyrics lookup.

However, using Lyricator the lyrics were added and started as follows:

Паника в селе - дед взбесился
Вилами колет всех, кого видит
Шум, гам, лают собаки
Бегают люди, хлопают ставни
Бабы визжат

Беда! Паника в селе!
С ума, хе, спятил дед!
В одних он трусах
И ужас в его глазах!
I am using MMW5 and Lyricator can't be installed there
mnaoumov

Post by mnaoumov »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:36 pm Are you saying you're using the Addon for Genious: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... ce-genius/
Yes, I installed it but it doesn't work properly with and without it
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

mnaoumov wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:48 pm I am using MMW5 and Lyricator can't be installed there
Yes, Lyricator is MMW4 but...

You can run both MMW4 and MMW5 alongside each other in a number of ways including:

1). MMW5 and MMW4 "point" to the same folders containing the MP3 files
2). MMW5 folders are a clone / copy of the MMW4 folders (this is my approach, MMW4 is my "master" copy)

In this way you can get the benefit of both MMW4 (e.g. CD Burning, bulk Lyrics lookup, more add-ons) and MMW5.

Elsewhere in the forum it has been mentioned that if you hold a license for MMW5 it covers you for MMW4.

Hope this helps.
Ian Taylor
mnaoumov

Re: Genius Lyrics Source

Post by mnaoumov »

Thanks for this workaround, but I think the original problem is a bug in MediaMonkey 5, that has to be fixed anyway, so it was not right to just merge it into this post
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Genius is not included in MediaMonkey 5, instead it's done via this Addon.

I've asked a developer to see if the MediaMonkey Lyrics sources cover this file or not, it will be investigated as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18745
headgdhead

Post by headgdhead »

I'm getting the following errors when using the Genius addon in the most current version of MM5. It is happening on >95% of the lyric lookups. Is there a fix for this?

<div data-exclude-from-selection="true" class="InreadContainer__Container-sc-19040w5-0 evprUq PrimisPlayer__InreadContainer-sc-1tvdtf7-0 juOVWZ

<a href="/10414212/Aretha-franklin-chain-of-fools/Fools" class="ReferentFragmentVariantdesktop__ClickTarget-sc-1837hky-0 dkZkek

I'm not a huge fan of Genius as they include a lot of extraneous text in the lyrics like Verse, Chorus, Solo, Intro... but they have a ton of lyrics. MM should only go to Genius when they cannot find lyrics in their other sources imho. AZLyrics would be another good Addon.
lkraus

Auto-tag Incomplete lyrics

Post by lkraus »

When I use the auto-tag feature I frequently end up with incomplete lyrics. I typically see the first ten or twelve lines, and then there is a final line with code. If I then go to Properties>Lyrics and search once more I get the the same result, but a third search starts a search through more sources and usually provides the complete lyric.

Three examples:

Code: Select all

[Chorus]
Early in the morning, about the break of day
That is when my baby went away
Come back, baby, I wish you would
Try and love me, you will not do no good

[Verse]
Walking and kissing late at night
I tell you now baby, I feel just right
Come now baby, what you trying to do?
Trying to love me and some other man, too
<div data-exclude-from-selection="true" class="InreadContainer__Container-sc-19040w5-0 cujBpY PrimisPlayer__InreadContainer-sc-1tvdtf7-0 juOVWZ

I'd like to spend this Christmas
Sitting by the fire with you
I'd like to spend this Christmas, baby
Sitting by the fire with you
I'm so happy for this moment that we share the whole day through

Well, jingle bells are ringing
Children playing out in the snow
Yeah, I said, jingle bells are ringing
Children playing out in the snow
Well, there's turkey on my table Christmas presents on the floor
<div data-exclude-from-selection="true" class="InreadContainer__Container-sc-19040w5-0 cujBpY PrimisPlayer__InreadContainer-sc-1tvdtf7-0 juOVWZ

You say you haven't been rocked in a long long time
Oh good hard rockin' is so hard to find baby
Gonna make-a you sweat, gonna make-a you shout
Oh your homemade lovin' done knocked me out baby

Now my heart looked long enough for you
And let's see if you know what I'm fixin' to do baby
Now you wanna little love and that's alright
Oh your fruit ain't rotten it's oh so ripe

Oh now your mama sure done raised you right
When it comes to home cookin' you eat every bite
Take your sweet time, we got all night
I'm gonna show you how to rock me right
I don't see a way to change the lyric sources, or the order in which they are searched. Is there something I can change so I don't have to check and change my lyrics manually?

Currently using MMW 5.0.4.02690, though the issue has existed since my first use of MMW 5.
Lowlander

Re: Auto-tag Incomplete lyrics

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > Metadata lookup allows you to remove sources.

Under Edit > Properties on the Lyrics tab you can manually do Lyrics lookup. Can you keep doing this till you get the bad Lyrics again and monitor which source it came from?

Are you sure MediaMonkey 5.0.4 did the lookup of those Lyrics? I don't see this happening.
lkraus

Re: Auto-tag Incomplete lyrics

Post by lkraus »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:06 am Tools > Options > Metadata lookup allows you to remove sources.
Thanks, don't know why I could not find that.
My list was: Genius; ELyrics; Lyrics Mode; MusInfo; Chart Lyrics; Song Lyrics; Lyrics Translate; Moron.nl; Absolute Lyrics

Under Edit > Properties on the Lyrics tab you can manually do Lyrics lookup. Can you keep doing this till you get the bad Lyrics again and monitor which source it came from?
It seems that Genius was the source producing the truncated lyrics. I moved it to the end of the list and the initial lookup from ELyrics was complete, as were the results from other sources until I got to Genius, and again they were truncated.
Are you sure MediaMonkey 5.0.4 did the lookup of those Lyrics? I don't see this happening.
Quite sure, these songs were added only moments before I tagged them.

I changed the source list to use ONLY Genius and tried looking up lyrics for other songs (which already had the full lyrics) and found that I got no lyrics at all, just results like this:

[Verse 1]
<a href="/6344210/Bob-dylan-lay-lady-lay/Lay-lady-lay" class="ReferentFragmentdesktop__ClickTarget-sc-110r0d9-0 hYSBRZ
or

<a href="/4201915/James-taylor-soldiers/It-was-just-after-sunrise-and-down-by-the-sea-down-on-the-sand-flats-where-nothing-will-grow-come-drumming-and-footsteps-like-out-of-a-dream-where-the-golden-green-waters-come-in" class="ReferentFragmentdesktop__ClickTarget-sc-110r0d9-0 hYSBRZ
I think I'll just leave Genius off my source list.

Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you made sure the Genius Lyrics Addon (Tools > Addons) is up-to-date?
lkraus

Post by lkraus »

My LyricSource Genius addon is v1.0.2 No update available.
santa808

Post by santa808 »

I have the same issue with the "LyricSource Genius 1.0.2" addon.
The problem is possibly a div element in the genius html which displays "You might also like ...", and this html element is rendered between the lyrics.

The script code of the addon can't deal with this.
Is there anyone who will fix this in a new version of the addon?

Thanks
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Snofru

Lyric Search (Genius?) Gives Uncomplete Results

Post by Snofru »

I go into the song properties and search for the lyrics. The very 1st result (I think it stems from Genius) most of the time gives unusable results. The text seems to stop at a certain letter or sign as shown in the attached screenshot.
If I search further on I most of the time get the correct results from another source. Sometimes if nothing can be found I get the text from the last song I have searched before (!, that's probably another issue).

I had this with all the songs from the current Beatles Red and Blue Album and also with many (all?) Pink Floyd. Probably this happens whenever there is a song text found on Genius and unfortunately Genius is the 1st in the list so I always have to search at least twice for each song.

MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156
lkraus

Post by lkraus »

The issue is supposedly "Resolved" with version 1.0.3 of the script: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20058.

Checking my addons, I'm still on v1.0.2, and "Check for updates" is still not finding the newer version.
Neither can I find v1.0.3 on the web site: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... -lookup-1/

I edited my list of sources to move Genius from the first source to the last, so my lyrics are usually found elsewhere and I no longer have problems with truncated lyrics.

Check your Sources list at Tools>Options>Library\Metadata Lookup