2806 upgrade bug/regression change: Shuffle mode ignored [#18988]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

lindholm

2806 upgrade bug/regression change: Shuffle mode ignored [#18988]

Post by lindholm »

Just upgraded from 2690 to 2806.

When the upgraded auto-launched it crashed. A report was allegedly sent.
When I tried to launch MM5 manually it refused to come up.
I un-installed MM5 and reinstalled it. Came up fine

But when I hit play, the songs were played sequentially in the list I had loaded before the upgrade.
The Shuffle option was checked but the next button kept picking the next track in the playlist.

When I unchecked/check the option the playlist was shuffled but the tracks kept being played in the listed order as opposed to jumping randomly throughout the playlist like it used to do
Rob_S

Re: 2806 upgrade bug/regression change: Shuffle mode ignored

Post by Rob_S »

This is a new feature intentional, big improvement, I think. Lots of users had been complaining that various features such as play next, next track, and previous did not work correctly in shuffle mode, and you could not tell what was upcoming.

Solution - shuffle the list, and play it in the displayed order. This way even in shuffled mode, you can manually adjust it by moving some tracks up or down, and see what's coming and what has been played already. Less chance of hearing the same tracks over again before they have all been played.

This used to exist to some extent by using randomize, and playing a randomized list in non-shuffle mode, some were not aware of this solution to the above issues.

Devs decided to combine these functions into one.

Expect further development along these lines with much discussion going on as well....
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Peke

Re: 2806 upgrade bug/regression change: Shuffle mode ignored [#18988]

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts