Android Auto: Playback tracks by rating [#20065]

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Zonky

Android Auto: Playback tracks by rating [#20065]

Post by Zonky »

Hi!

So far I couldn't find any possibility to playback tracks by their rating within MMA on Android Auto.

Or do I have to create a playlist beforehand, add some tracks by their rating and sync the list to MMA?
Lowlander

Re: Playback tracks by rating

Post by Lowlander »

You can add Ratings to the Home Screen.
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Thanks for your reply Lowlander!

I already have the ratings on my home screen, unfortunately this tile is not coming up on Android Auto.
To be precise: most if not all home screen items do not show up on Android Auto. AA seems to be handled completely different, either by MMA or maybe Aa?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks. We're hoping to add more (and customizable) nodes for Android Auto in the future.

Tracked at: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20065

-Rusty
Zonky

Re: Android Auto: Playback tracks by rating [#20065]

Post by Zonky »

Thanks for creating the ticket, rusty!

I may be wrong, but I didn't find any suggestion in the ticket, for a root node, that shows all available tracks that can be played with their current order or by random.

Michael
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can customize the home screen to show Tracks.
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:35 am You can customize the home screen to show Tracks.
Sure, but again, not suitable for Android Auto :(
rusty

Post by rusty »

Zonky wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:55 am Thanks for creating the ticket, rusty!

I may be wrong, but I didn't find any suggestion in the ticket, for a root node, that shows all available tracks that can be played with their current order or by random.

Michael
Michael,

The current Tracks node in Android Auto (MMA) allows the user to play All tracks, or All tracks (shuffled). The plan would be to retain that functionality (item 1a in the bug). Or am I misunderstanding you?

-Rusty
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Good morning Rusty!

Yes, please retain this node. I meant that you can already playback all tracks, however I would rather see a list of the tracks and start playback from any track.

The same applies for the playlist available. I can start any playlist but only from the beginning. In comparison with MMW, I can open a playlist and start the playback once again from any position.

So it would fine if the same possibility exists within MMA on Android Auto. I always mention Android Auto, because there are many significant differences in functionality between running MMA on plain Android and in relation with AA.

cu