Chromecast and 2804

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

yarguy

Chromecast and 2804

Post by yarguy »

Still not finding my 3 audio Chromecast units although it does find the video Chromecast. No other program that provides casts fails to find these three units. At least MM5 is consistent - it has always failed to reliably work with audio Chromecast.
Peke

Re: Chromecast and 2804

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please provide Debug log using 2804 in support ticket according to viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643 to see if newest changes fixed anything.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

It is finding Chromecast audio devices just fine here, please generate debug log (item 4B here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643 ) with build 5.1.0.2804 debug and DbgView started prior to MM5 start and having run for at least one minute -- as I found that in some environments the Chromecast Audio devices are announced only once per 30 seconds...
And attach the log to eSupport ticket.

Thanks!
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

I submitted a ticket with the log requested several days ago. MM is now on version 2806 and still the Chromecast audio devices are absent in MM5, but ONLY in MM5. Other programs find them with zero issues. What is wrong with MM5?
Ludek wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:11 am It is finding Chromecast audio devices just fine here, please generate debug log (item 4B here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643 ) with build 5.1.0.2804 debug and DbgView started prior to MM5 start and having run for at least one minute -- as I found that in some environments the Chromecast Audio devices are announced only once per 30 seconds...
And attach the log to eSupport ticket.

Thanks!
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Maybe this experience will shed some light - using latest 2806.

My speaker was unplugged, so I plugged it in.

VLC player saw it right away, Media monkey did not.

I restarted media monkey and it did not see it. (only internal speaker was available)

I restarted the Computer, and of course restarted MM again, and THEN it saw the chromecast speaker.

Oddly, it appears MM does not re-read what is available unless the computer itself is restarted.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

I followed Rob_S suggestion of restarting everything. After a couple of minutes the Chromecast Audio devices did appear. They seem to be stable in that if I close MM5 and reopen it somethime later the devices appear on the cast to list.