iPod shown on one machine but not another

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

TurnerBurn

iPod shown on one machine but not another

Post by TurnerBurn »

I have two Windows 10 machines (Ver 22H2 19045.2965) and did a fresh install of MM5 to both. One of the Windows machines can find my ipod (under Devices & Services) when I plug it in with no issues, but the second machine does not find it. Both machines have the correct version of iTunes installed and both iPods show up as a device in iTunes and Windows also lists them as a device. Only MM5 is having the issue. I've followed all the checks for compatibility, settings, etc. and I've done multiple uninstall/reinstall of MM5 on the trouble machine (also deleted all folders from the various locations on the PC) and yet it still will not list the device. The machine in question is my music server and the other machine was just a workstation that I put MM5 on as a test and it interfaces to my iPod with no issues. The music server, however, is the one I want to get resolved.

I'm at a loss. The old version (MM V4) was able to see my iPod on the troubled box but I'm wanting to use MM5 now. Please, any help would be much appreciated.

-Karl
Lowlander

Re: iPod shown on one machine but not another

Post by Lowlander »

Generally it's due to the wrong iTunes (not the desktop version) being installed: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... le-device/ It could also be that the device is disabled under Devices & Services.
TurnerBurn

Post by TurnerBurn »

Yeah, I checked that as well. Both machines have the same iTunes version and with a fresh install there are no devices listed so that appears not to be the issue.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture the connecting on the PC that fails to show it in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?t=86643