Upgrading to MM Gold ; Playlists ; Synching to Android

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

dmacalus

Upgrading to MM Gold ; Playlists ; Synching to Android

Post by dmacalus »

NET:

1) I have been using Media Monkey for Windows for a few months to learn a bit of it before proceeding to obtain for my Android Phone.

2) I have assembled approximately 15 Playlists, (each with approximately 30 songs/playlists).

3) I some cases, I have noticed that there is a noticeable difference in volume between tracks.

4) I have several questions:

Q1: Will upgrading to MM Gold enable "volume leveling" so that each track within a Playlists will play at the same Volume ?

Q2: If so, what is the best way to upgrade to MM Gold, (and I hope / assume that I will not "lose" the playlists which I have created thus far)?

Q3: Thereafter, what is the best way to export, (or synch), the Playlists to an android phone?

Should (Can) I synch "playlists only" or should I do all? (Music Library & Playlists)

(I have ordered a 256GB micro SDX card for android phone for this)

(I have not yet installed MM on my Android); Will do so after I have upgraded my Windows version to Gold, (as I thought I had read that doing a "volume check" on MM on PC was recommended prior to synching with Android) . I may need to reread this.

Thanks for your anticipated input to these questions.

~ Dennis M
Lowlander

Re: Upgrading to MM Gold ; Playlists ; Synching to Android

Post by Lowlander »

1) MMA can apply volume leveling if Track Volume is known. MMW can calculate this or Sync files leveled.

2) Upgrading to Gold would give you a License Key that you enter. No installing a Gold version. In MMA you'd get a MediaMonkey Pro installer which unlocks the paid features in the regular MMA App.

[EDIT by Rusty: to be clear MMW Gold and MMA Pro are sold separately]

3) Setup Sync in MMW, then either USB in MMW or wi-fi Sync from MMA.
dmacalus

Post by dmacalus »

Thank you for your rapid reply.

NET:

1) I have since upgraded my PC Version to Media Monkey Gold 5.04.2690 (Lifetime)

(After this, I selected all of my files and did an "analyze volume" function as per the recommendation in the link you had provided.)

(I have not made any significant changes to "tagging", etc)

2) I have inserted a 256GB samsung microsdx card.

3) I have not yet downloaded and installed Media Monkey for Android, (but will probably do so tonight or tomorrow).

4) My intent is to purchase Media Monkey Pro for the Phone.

5) I am going to do a bit more reading on this tonight, but my question is:

Can I "auto synch" and select only "Playlists" or is it recommended to select and synch both "Music" and "Playlists"?

Based on your history of this, is there a recommended process?

For my vehicle, (phone), my primary objective is to get the playlists to my Phone.

Thanks for your help.

~ Dennis M
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can select any item you wish to Sync. You can select only Playlists as this will Sync the Playlists and the media files on them.
dmacalus

Post by dmacalus »

NET:

1) I previously purchased Media Monkey for both my Windows PC and my Android Phone.

2) For the most part, I have been very satisfied and happy with this Product.

3) Unfortunately, I recently incurred a SCAM / Computer issue, and did a clean on (1) of my computers and reset my Android phone.

4) The Music on my Android Phone is on a SD Card which I removed prior to resetting the phone.

5) I have since reloaded apps and data and SD Card to the Phone, and I see that I have the albums on Media Monkey via the SD Card, but I no longer see the Playlists.

6) Fortunately, I have the Playlists on Media Monkey on the Windows Computer which has not been tampered with.

7) Do I need to resynch my Phone to the Computer which has Media Monkey music and playlists?

8) If so, I don't want to reload the Music 2x, I just need the Playlists back on my Phone.

9) Can someone please help / respond ?

10) I am surprised that the Playlists were not also on the SD Card, and am not sure why Media Monkey on my Phone cannot access them.

Any help and suggestions on this will be appreciated.

Thanks,

~ Dennis M. 9/22/2023
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Sync should only copy what's needed. Do make sure you're on the latest release of MMW and MMA.