Select All option/feature

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MMhow2

Select All option/feature

Post by MMhow2 »

Again, I wish the documentation/interface was a little more intuitive with its labeling. Thus, I am at the same point again. I added a NAS to my home network and moved my music over to it. It was originally on the main CPU hdd. The path name went from R:/ to N:/. Looked back on my thread from awhile back and tried to follow it (viewtopic.php?t=103446). I was not able to find the cookies to get to the specified path, so I did a locate and ended up with this massive tree of duplicates with the correct path. Frustrating. Not complaining about that. Saw the dox on that part.

All being said, will you PLEASE add the option to Ctrl & Shift to be able to mass select things (media) so it is not as time consuming to the point you want to beat the monkey to death. PETA is good, this monkey is on the hit list.
I am an innocent victim that knows nothing about MediaMonkey. Help me on my path of entertainment joy. :(
Lowlander

Re: Select All option/feature

Post by Lowlander »

If drive changes can re-assign drive.

Ctrl+A selects all files and Ctrl+Shift works for me to select a selection of files. If you're asking about the Media Tree, you'll need to operate on the files instead.
MMhow2

Post by MMhow2 »

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought I tried the Ctrl function. I'll feel really stupid if that works on my install. That is a basic operation on any CPU.

Now where I don't feel really stupid, but I hope you make me is how I follow that path. I cannot find where the Collection base is to get to Location. I tried to follow the cookies, as you linked me to it in there, to no avail.

If the Ctrl et al option is already in MM5, can you move this to the regular Help Forum, as this is no loger a request thread, but a I cannot follow directions to my Collection -> Location thread. I seriously cannot find it.
I am an innocent victim that knows nothing about MediaMonkey. Help me on my path of entertainment joy. :(
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In the Media Tree you can't select multiple items. Collections are items like Music in the Media Tree.

However if you want to select multiple Folders you can do so in the List (Folders) and Grid (Folders) Views in the Filelisting using Ctrl+Select.