Delete song instead of tag content!

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Toemmel

Delete song instead of tag content!

Post by Toemmel »

MM 2024 3019

Editing song tags in list view:
In case of pressing DEL key MM wants to delete the entire song instead of deleting only content of the tag. It happens after clicking into the the tag by mouse (and happens not by TAB-ing into the tag).
Lowlander

Re: Delete song instead of tag content!

Post by Lowlander »

I'm unable to reproduce, it just deletes the tag. Can you please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens on your setup.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

If you click into next field, you must click a second time to enter edit mode. A single click closes the edit on the previous field but does NOT enter edit mode in the next field, So in this mode the delete key offers to delete the track.

If you TAB to the next field, you are already in edit mode, so delete key will delete contents of field
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Toemmel

Post by Toemmel »

I've analysed the sequence in detail, and it's just a bug:

1. Tag the rating of the song by Alt+0...5
2. Main menu gets ACTIVATED, too ("File" is highlighted).
3. Click two times (!!) into another tag by mouse. Edit mode seems to be activated, but even main menu is still activated.
4. Press DEL.
5. MM wants to delete the whole song!

One question by the way: What is the difference between editing an tag in a box with "solid" frame and a box with dashed frame?
Toemmel

Post by Toemmel »

Fun fact with my custom tag "language":
If you type in "DE" (for "German"), and menu is undesired activated you get (Datei > Ende), what means as much as File > End. Works as designed... :lol:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Rating issue opening Menu is already covered here: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 806#c75337
Toemmel

Post by Toemmel »

Okay, I'm looking forward to 3020. :)