Needs Auto Organise v1.2.3 (02-07-06)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Now it's showing every single track as needs Auto-Organise. :-?

I had a quick look at the code and couldn't find anything that handled $IF at all. The comments at the top don't mention version 1.2 or 1.21 either - are you sure you updated the link/code??
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Sorry link was wrong :(

So no one has the new version :(
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm using version 1.21 now and it still puts all the selected tracks into the NeedsAutoOrganise node even though 90% of them are correctly organised. I'm not sure what information I can give you to help.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Send me the mediamonkey.ini section

[RenameMasks]

Does the default mask come up as
$if(<Album Artist>,<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track#>_<Artist>_<Title>,<Artist>\<Artist>_<Title>)
for you ?

Don't include the "F:\Music\" part

And mayby email me a couple of excel reports with a some samples of each different masks songs.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Oh, I was adding the "F:\Music\" part. I would have thought the whole folder path was important?

The thing is, I've always tried just selecting tracks which are organised using this mask...

Code: Select all

F:\Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track#>_<Artist>_<Title>
And the NeedAutoOrganise set as...

<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track#>_<Artist>_<Title>
Which is the same, excluding the start of the filepath. However, still all the tracks make it into the node, so I don't think it's to do with the $IF.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Also selecting tracks which are organised using this mask...

F:\Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Artist>_<Title>
With the NeedAutoOrganise set as...

<Artist>\<Album>\<Artist>_<Title>
Still all the tracks end up in the NeedsAutoOrganise node. Maybe something to do with the "_" character?

Later tonight I will add some debug messaging through your code to see if I can pinpoint the problem. I am looking forward to being able to use this node! :)
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

trixmoto wrote:Also selecting tracks which are organised using this mask...

F:\Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Artist>_<Title>
With the NeedAutoOrganise set as...

<Artist>\<Album>\<Artist>_<Title>
Still all the tracks end up in the NeedsAutoOrganise node. Maybe something to do with the "_" character?
I tried this mask and it worked just fine.

Be very careful (I got caught out) that there are no spaces that shouldn't be there. With that font it very very difficult to see spaces.

The dropdown should have all your previously used Auto Organise masks ready to go, just select and click search.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Error #-2147418113 -
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\NeedsAutoOrganise.vbs", Line: 137, Column: 2
&
Error happened during script execution: Catastrophic failure
:\ Anyone have any ideas?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You do not appear to have the component "Forms.ComboBox.1". This is a standard MSOffice component - what version of Office do you have installed?
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I don't have Office, maybe that's why :\ I have Microsoft Works, isn't that something similar? :-?

So this script only works if you have Office? That sucks :(
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Sadly, this script either doesn't work, or I am doing something completely wrong. No matter how many times you try, tracks that meet the mask you set forth are still shown... it's as if it doesn't check them at all and just lists everything on the screen/highlighted in the node.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

What mask are you using?
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Well, I normally tag my songs from albums as <Album Artist>/<Year> - <Album>/<Track#> - <Title>

So for those, I tried just <Track#> - <Title>, but it still listed every single one as needing it and pretty much all of them was correct.

Then, for my misc stuff that I just have laying around, I just toss it in a "Misc" folder with the <Artist> - <Title> for the filename, so that's what I used for this folder, but it once again listed every last one. When I know there's only a handfull that need it.

This would be a nice time-saver, specially when catching those one or two that you may let slip by. Granted, it could also be done manually, but we all love shortcuts, eh? Lol.

But yeah, Iunno if it's the script, something I'm doing, or maybe it's the way my CP handles the script... don't really know, Lol.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The script mask needs to be the same as your organisation mask... <Album Artist>/<Year> - <Album>/<Track#> - <Title>.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Just tried that, several times... Still not working properly. Knowing me, I'm still probably doing something wrong. I bet I'd lose my own head if it wasn't attached, Lol.

My full save path -V-
C:\Documents and Settings\winxp\My Documents\My Music\Temp Music Folder\<Album Artist>\<Year> - <Album>\<Track#> - <Title>
So, I would highlight everything in my Library, or whatever it is I'm wanting to check and use just -V-
<Album Artist>\<Year> - <Album>\<Track#> - <Title>
And it should be working? :-?