mp3tag's allmusic.com implementation

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Where to Download the latest Version

Post by Guest »

Hi... First let me say that this is a great APP or plug in, I've read almost all the threads in this topic and I'm impressed on how the plug-in has evolved.

I would like to know where to download the latest version (with the fix that solves the not tagging when album art unchecked problem, mentioned some threads above), and if there is a place where I can access or download previous versions and the history of changes.

Thnx a lot, and onece more great job. :D :) :lol: :wink:

How to and request

Post by guest »

Hi, I just downloaded and install the program, so far so great, still I am not able to save the review tag, the check box is disabled and I can find any place to enable it.

Also I would like to know, what or how to configure things in order to prevent the info downloaded loosing some charaters, like accents or symbols that are part of the names, for example the information of the Album "Putumayo Presents Acoustic Brazil" looses symbols used in portuguese.

Thanx for your help.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Hi Steegy,

Let me first compliment you with your hard work. I appreciate this and your ongoing support on this forum. I've read all pages of this thread but I do have some problems.
1. When MM is running and I fire up WST and click GetFromMediaMonkey, WST freezes for some seconds and then I get an unhandled exception with the following exception-text:

Code: Select all

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80080005): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {148F7BB6-4943-4C53-8E30-0F9115D30283} failed due to the following error: 80080005.
   at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.MMInterface.get_SDB()
   at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.GetSelectedTracksFromMM()
   at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.btnGetSelectedTracksFromMM_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
When MM is closed and I click GetFromMediaMonkey all goes well.

2. The main reason I want to use this program is for getting styles from Discogs in to MM. I thought I did right by marking Custom 1 and typing %style% as mask. However I just can't find the styles anywhere in MM.
It looks like this info is not written. I also can't mark "style" on the main screen.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your answer!
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Guest, guest and Zippy and other posters before:
First of all, thanks for the complements.

@Guest:
I didn't release the program yet because I made the tracks preview list (the bottom list that shows up with a click on the button "show tracklist") resizable, but I don't like it's default implementation. I tried to change it and got very close to what I wanted, but I didn't get there (yet) and that caused me frustrations (yeah, that's my character...). Therefore I now use the default resizable solution and don't like it, but I guess I'll put it in the next release anyway.
I thought of making a web page with up-to-date screenshots, features, how-to and requirements, but I didn't yet have the courage to do that. And I don't have a lot of time either.

@guest:
The problem with the missing/corrupt characters has been fixed (I had to include a script property that I didn't know the use for, previously). The "encoding" for e.g. Amazon will now have to be explicitely mentioned in the script file:

[Encoding]=utf-8
Amazon and AllMusicGuide should now both work fine. If you have another script file with the same problem, add this encoding property, or if it is already there, remove it. If this fixes it, please let me know. If not, please let me know too ;).

@Zippy:
The exception occasionally happened to me before (MM problem?), but a restart of MediaMonkey fixes it normally. Does that work for you?
When MM is closed and I click GetFromMediaMonkey all goes well.
MM starts up then, right?

To put the Discogs style in the Custom1 field, go to the options, check the Custom1 checkbox and enter %style% as mask. (that's what you did)
I also can't mark "style" on the main screen
There's no need to. You did everything as supposed. Maybe WST isn't writing the tags because the Album Art checkbox (main screen) isn't checked. A bug (that is now fixed but not yet released) required that. Also make sure that the tracks that you want to tag(update) are checked in the tracks preview list (bottom list in main view) and that tracks are matched (tracknumber is filled next to the checkbox --> no "?")

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

Missing Characters & new issues

Post by guest »

Hi, I tried it by adding the code in the All music script, the results were the same :( , do I have to add it in all the scripts?
The problem with the missing/corrupt characters has been fixed (I had to include a script property that I didn't know the use for, previously). The "encoding" for e.g. Amazon will now have to be explicitely mentioned in the script file:

[Encoding]=utf-8
Amazon and AllMusicGuide should now both work fine. If you have another script file with the same problem, add this encoding property, or if it is already there, remove it. If this fixes it, please let me know. If not, please let me know too ;).

By the way, I only obtain 75 results for each search in All music, sometimes the Album I`m looking for is beyond those results, is there any way to get all results.

I also noticed that when an album does not have Album Art, u cant write the tags, even if the Album Art is checked, I suppose that the new relese that u mentioned is going to fix this also.

Thnx again
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

OK. I warned you all...
Here's the latest release (that I didn't want to release, you'll see why): //REMOVED : Newer version available//

It contains some new sources, but the "MusicBrainz" script is still not working good (anyone want to fix it ? ;) )
The "album art must be checked" bug is gone indeed, as also some other problem (actually only 1 of 2 cases is solved; I just discovered another problem, so I know it's certainly not yet bug-free).

guest: You shouldn't change anything to the Amazon or AllMusicGuide scripts, I already did this in this download. Only if you have character problems with other scripts, you can try what I suggested in my previous post.

Notice the now resizable (but stupidly "standard implemented") tracks preview list.
Last edited by Steegy on Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
judas

Post by judas »

Downloading....TNX STEEGY!!
Cheers, judas
troopersbd

Post by troopersbd »

Hi Steegy

I've used the latest 2 alphas of the WT and they worked well although some bugs.

But with the last one, the list of MM songs ain't shown:

Btw the bug related to the Album Art Check box is Really solved ! ;)

And i also found that the Publisher box although checked doesn't tag to the song.

Anyway gooooooood work with this prog.! u can't imagine how many time u saved me !!!!
Exa

Post by Exa »

First, I have got to congratulate you on possibly the BEST idea ever. I love Discogs, and as of yet I have had to manually copy/paste all the track info into MM; a rather arduous task. The ability to search and tag using Discogs is like a dream come true.

Unfortunately, I am having the same problem as the previous poster, in that it doesn't display a tracklist... rendering the awesomeness, well... useless. Please look into this! :D
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Exa wrote:First, I have got to congratulate you on possibly the BEST idea ever. I love Discogs, and as of yet I have had to manually copy/paste all the track info into MM; a rather arduous task. The ability to search and tag using Discogs is like a dream come true.

Unfortunately, I am having the same problem as the previous poster, in that it doesn't display a tracklist... rendering the awesomeness, well... useless. Please look into this! :D
Has Discogs worked for you otherwise? The only tagging source I can get to work is AllMusic and SOMETIMES Amazon (US) will work, but only on the off chance.
Exa

Post by Exa »

@Mizery_Made:
Discogs has worked for me otherwise, but probably because I went to their website, searched for albums, then copied and pasted in track information by hand. I am a member of the Discogs community and I have never had trouble with the site, but until I found this program I was unaware the database could even be used in this fashion, at least from my experience with the method and structure used to submit a release.

My problem is not with Discogs working or not (It searches and obtains tag info perfectly), it is with the program not displaying tracklists from MM to actually do anything to.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

@Mizery_Made: The Discogs (Artist) script uses an exact and existing title (because it'll be part of an url). If you misspell an artist name or it simply doesn't exist on Discogs, you'll get an error (because the page simply can't be found). Try searching for Tess or Madonna or something similar (famous and simple) to see if that works.

Last uploaded version (not very recent): //REMOVED : Newer version available//
Last edited by Steegy on Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

Steegy:
Even though it doesn't display the tracks to edit, I did a "blind check" of sorts and had it tag some of my files. It did everything properly and the tags were updated, so the tagging engine definitely works. The only problem I guess is just getting those darn tracks to display :P

Hope this helps :D
Exaxxion

Post by Exaxxion »

Sorry, that above post was me. I didn't mention that. All posts by "Exa" are mine as well, I was just too lazy to log in :lol:

Figured you might want to know. I hope this doesn't count as a double-post... :oops:
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Steegy wrote:@Mizery_Made: The Discogs (Artist) script uses an exact and existing title (because it'll be part of an url). If you misspell an artist name or it simply doesn't exist on Discogs, you'll get an error (because the page simply can't be found). Try searching for Tess or Madonna or something similar (famous and simple) to see if that works.
Just tried someone popular (Madonna) and it seemed to work find. Tried a few more and it seems real hit and miss (aswell as most of the other scripts), might just be that the majority of the stuff I listen to are underground rap, and thus may not have results on any of these sites. Though, I'm constantly getting the error about Parsing blah blah. Anyway...