Update play TIME on synchronization

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

TJOHO

Update play TIME on synchronization

Post by TJOHO »

As this is not really a problem, more a feature request, I post here rather in the sync forum.

I sync my MM library with a Creative Zen Vision:M. Whenever I have listened to a song on the Zen, its playcount updates in the MM library.

However, the play TIME does not update (date/time).

There are many scripts and stats that depend on play time, for example Big_Berny's AutoRateAccurate script.
Also, MonkeyRok has weird behavior for songs I have only listened to on the Zen: it displays both "First time played!" (because I haven't played it in MM before) and for example "3 plays" (i.e. all on the Zen).

Would it be possible to improve the sync module for Zen (and others, I presume everyone would want this) to set the last played date/time to whatever the current date/time is when syncing?

It's not perfect, but still much better than now. I sync every day, so let's say:
I listen to a song on November 16, 10:00 pm, on the Zen.
I sync the next morning, November 17, 10:00 am.

The song should then ideally be marked as played last on the former date, but I don't think that is possible. At the very least it should be marked as played last on the latter date.

That would be a huge improvement to my play stats and autoratings!

Thanks,
TJOHO
Peke

Post by Peke »

Interesting, so you suggest that when MM Sync Playcount from Zen it also add current time stamp in case that Playcount on Zen > than in MM Library. Did I got you correctly?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Peke, the problem is that when MediaMonkey syncs playcounts from a portable player to the MediaMonkey database that it doesn't add the played date to those playcounts.

The issue is of course that the portable player doesn't save the played date (at least I assume they don't), which means that MediaMonkey can't do this correctly. TJOHO suggest that the sync date is used as played date when updating playcounts in the MediaMonkey database.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Isn't that what I said but simplier explained (less technical)?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

Either way, YES PLEASE! :D

Like I said, so many stats and scripts depend on last play date, so it should be updated even with portable playing.

I suspect most MM users are more obsessive than most when it comes to stats... myself included!