Vista X64

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Swears

Vista X64

Post by Swears »

So, I was using MM on Vista x86 just fine. Now that I switched to x64 It won't open. I get the following error:

"The following problem happened when accessing the database: Couldn't creatre ODBC DSN."

It tells me to update MDAC and Microsoft Jet, but I don't know if those are supported on X64.

Anyone know a fix?

TIA
Peke

Post by Peke »

Try to install any MS Office product (Beta and trial also should work) and most likely that will update MDAC and Jet or wait to see how MM 3.0 will react in same enviroment.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
swears

Post by swears »

Ok, Tryin Office 07 right now
swears

Post by swears »

Didn't Work =(.

I'm wondering if it has something to with with Vista Manger. I just installed it and clicked 1-click clean, and it seems to have messed with the registry.

BTW,what's the scoop on version 3?
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Can't help you out, but I can tell you that I've got MM working on Vista X64 without any problem. Didn't do something special to get it working as far as I know.
swears

Post by swears »

Yeah I have a feeling it was working before too. I don't remember. I only installed the OS like 2 days ago.

I'm trying to install Microsoft Student w/ Encarta right now. If that doesn't work, looks like I'll be reinstalling. No way i'm gonna use iTunes.
swears

Post by swears »

Alright, I ended up reinstalling vista x64.

Mediamonkey ran real nice again, but now a few days later, I'm back in the same boat.

I can't find any DAC versions for vista x64.

Will the new Mediamonkey support vista 64?

If so, any news on release date?

Thx.