Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

jyhoang

Post by jyhoang »

Hi,

Nice work but:

* I get an error line 395 saying:
Incompatible type: 'Rating'

* Album art does not load and keep displaying the loading.gif

*The "album by" is not updated and keep dispaying the first artist

:roll:
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

Works great, but I wonder if this behavior is intended:

When I click on a track displayed in MonkeyRok, it cues the track to the end of my playlist, which is similar to what I suggested in the Alpha thread:
If you click on a song, it starts playing. It would have been much better to have two icons (mini-versions of the MM ones) where one is Play now, the other (which I almost always need) is to add it to Now playing. It is quite rare that I would want to listen to one of those songs right away without finishing the playlist I was already listening to.
However, it also jumps to the end of the list and starts playing that track! It would obviously be better if it just added it, but still kept playing the list.
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

I love it - and it's working great! The added features are fantastic welcome additions (although I'm a little puzzled by the extra transport controls... maybe I'll come to use them in time). The script has kept the feel of the original author, but fine tuned and seems faster.

Where are the cached images stored? Does this script utilise the same images as your BrowseByArt script? It would be good to see the BrowseByArt, MonkeyRok and PrettyPictures scripts all utilise the same cached images directory... and for that directory to be nominated by the user (like B.B.A. allows). I try to maintain a very customised drive structure as I reformat my system (C: ) drive fairly regularly (from image).

Some requests I have:
* the ability to switch between modes (now playing / selected) via an on-screen button in MonkeyRok rather than having to open the options screen.
* the option to choose how to deal with clicked tracks/albums (play now, play next etc)
* a skin to match Brushed Monkey.

All up I'm extremely happy with this script - even if no more is added :) Thanks Trixmoto.
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

Nebbin wrote: Some requests I have:
* the ability to switch between modes (now playing / selected) via an on-screen button in MonkeyRok rather than having to open the options screen.
* the option to choose how to deal with clicked tracks/albums (play now, play next etc)
* a skin to match Brushed Monkey.

All up I'm extremely happy with this script - even if no more is added :) Thanks Trixmoto.
Hear hear - only posted #2 but would be extremely happy with all 3! :)
RedX

Post by RedX »

Hi!

It doesn't seem to want to work for me...

it just hangs up and keeps consuming processor power, but not memory 50% CPU usage on a CORE 2 DUO (1 Core totally blocked)

Here are the settings:

[MonkeyRok]
OnIconIndex=80
OffIconIndex=81
TempDir=G:\Programme\MediaMonkey\Scripts\temp
Skin=basic
TrackMax=5
AlbumMax=5
Enabled=1
Debug=1
Persist=2
BlockNP=0
RatedOnly=0
PlayedOnly=0
Mode=0
Exclude=

(yes the folder exists)

and heres the debug log:
MonkeyRok 1.0 started...

Panel enabled...
[OnPlayChange()]
Skin before update...
Update information...
Update favourites...
Update most played...
Update current album...
Update albums by...
Update featuring...
Skin after update...
OnPlay event triggered...
[OnPlayChange()]
Skin before update...
Update information...
Update favourites...
Update most played...
Update current album...
Update albums by...

At first it wasn't playing but then when i started a song it hung up.

Hope anyone can help me.

Thx Red
peterjones19

Post by peterjones19 »

paulmt wrote:
If you have tweaked the MyComputer part of your internet security setup to allow activeX then this fix has been successful for some.

There is more info on ActiveX issues in the MonkeyRok Alpha thread.

QUOTE:

"ActiveX warnings: If you have switched "Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe" in your Local Intranet settings in Internet Explorer, and you are still getting the warning messages - try this:

1) Run regedit.exe
2) Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
3) Modify key 1201 = 0

This sets your "My Computer" zone setting (which is not displayed in the Internet Options) to Enabled.
That's cracked it. Thanks.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@kazadharri - you seem to be getting a lot of errors when I use standard Internet Explorer calls. Can you tell me what version you have installed?

@gab - I've added these to my list, except (3) - this can be done by changing the imgH and imgW variables at the top of "MonkeyRok\Functions.vbs" file.

@jyhoang - I don't know how this is possible because the rating is taken straight from MM so could never be incompatible. Maybe just before line 395...

Code: Select all

Dim temp : temp = Int(rating)
...you could put a line...

MsgBox "rating="&rating
...and let me know what the popup says if you get the error again. Also, how is you album artwork tagged - I've tested every method and it works fine for me. What do you mean you "albums by" is not updated? It should either by updated or hidden, is this not the case?

@TJOHO - this is intended behaviour. To add it to the end but not play it straight away, hold the Alt key when you click on the track.

@Nebbin - the player controls were requested (can't remember who by) so I added them. You can remove them from the "skin.html" of your chosen skin if you do not wish to see them. If you check the MonkeyRok settings you will see where the images are stored. I have set this folder to the same as my BrowseByArt one so that the cache is indeed shared. All three of your requests I was going to do but decided to release it earlier. I'm going to add some different context menus to allow some settings to be changed more easily.

@RedX - it looks like it was the "albums by" section which is hanging. Othe people are experiencing problems in this area so I'm going to investigate this soon. Out of interest, have you tried running the MM maintenance to compact your library? Doing so might help.

Thank you all who have posted nice comments, I'm glad for the most part the majority of bugs have been fixed and that the new features have been welcomed.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
RedX

Post by RedX »

trixmoto wrote:(...)

@RedX - it looks like it was the "albums by" section which is hanging. Othe people are experiencing problems in this area so I'm going to investigate this soon. Out of interest, have you tried running the MM maintenance to compact your library? Doing so might help.

Thank you all who have posted nice comments, I'm glad for the most part the majority of bugs have been fixed and that the new features have been welcomed.
I keep the database compacted regularly so that should not be the problem.

I'll investigate the problem a little further since i also do some scripting. Let's see if i can find out some more.
kazadharri

Post by kazadharri »

TM,
I am using IE7 ver 7.0.5730.11

windows xp pro Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

/Jeff
RedX

Post by RedX »

i've modified the UpdateCurrentAlbum(cursong) with some debug info

i was able to follow the code up to the funciton in Skin_show in skinfunctions.vbs

but since im not proficient in javascript i don't know where the problem is.
It seems to be when calling:

Sub Skin_Show(id)
  document.all(id).Style.display = "block"
End Sub
hope it helps to narrow down the search.

Red
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

trixmoto wrote:I have set this folder to the same as my BrowseByArt one so that the cache is indeed shared.
Just a query (If using shared cache dir) - what would happen if the default image size was changed in BrowseByArt settings? If you then re-cached BBA, would these image sizes then be displayed in MonkeyRok? Would there be a conflict? What about new images then cached by MonkeyRok? (I'd rather ask before I try :) )
If you check the MonkeyRok settings you will see where the images are stored
Ah, I guess that what the TEMP dir is for then. For some reason I thought it was used for some other purpose, as you normally say "cache path" or something. Is this temp dir ever cleared out? I notice that not only are small images placed here for the normal running of MonkeyRok, but also full sized images whenever you display an album cover in the MonkeyRok album art popup window. I've found no speed difference between the first display and subsequent, so I'm not sure of the reason for caching the full sized image except for files subsequently found offline.
gab

Post by gab »

Feature Request: Sort Albums in the "Albums By..." Panel. Preferably by Year or Rating
miki4000

Post by miki4000 »

I get this error, and the albums by does not update correctly.

--
baard
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

gab wrote:Feature Request: Sort Albums in the "Albums By..." Panel. Preferably by Year or Rating
lol, I didn't even see that. Yes, that would make it a little easier - both "Albums By", and "Albums Featuring". (I'd prefer sorting by either release date or album name.)
varandas

Post by varandas »

Hi I have the same problem as redx. How can I unistall the script from my MM till the problem is fixed?