Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.1) is now available from my website. Changes include...

- Added extra error handling and debug messages to saving files
- Removed button accelerator keys as they stop editing query
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Mummel

Post by Mummel »

I just want to say thanks for this amazing script!

I had about 15K of songs with missing album art and within 2 hours of using this script I was down to 400.

A standing ovation for you!!!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
eiatheplaya

Post by eiatheplaya »

This script is just too good to be true!

My friend used the better half of last weekend manually getting album artwork using "auto-tag from amazon". Now that I found this, my friend is going to explode :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm glad you like it! :)
Palotian

Scannig local disk for album art

Post by Palotian »

Hi all

I'm sorry if this was already treated, bu I wasn't able to find out: Is there a script to scan local disk/s looking for album art images??

Any clue would be appreciated.

TIA,

Pablo
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

There is (still) a bug which prevents the script from re-running after you select file(s) that already have art.

The only way to restart the script is to restart MM.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Teknojnky - I have replicated this bug and will fix it in the next version.
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Love the possibilities with this script, but I'm having a small problem.

The script finds the album art, I check it and save, but the album art is not in the tag. I made sure the options selected "Save in Tag" but it's not there! Help, please.

Thanks in advance.

:EDIT: Ok, got it figured out. Had to read through the thread, but it's simple - for anyone wanting to get it only in the tag, use the option "In tag only (delete image)

Great script - can't wait to do some bulk imaging!
GuHu

Post by GuHu »

urlwolf wrote:trix,

Any idea why I don't get the buttons :D?
I know, I know, I'm weird...
Hello,

wonderful script, but ..

I have the same problems. I can not see that this problem is solved. Same problem with script "Split Artist Title".

I think, there is a problem with the position of the buttons. I do not have any problems with other software.

I have Win 2000 SP4, the monitor is a samsung LCD TV (HD resolution).

The buttons seemed to be too far on the right sight.

GuHu
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I don't understand how to fix this because the buttons are placed a certain distance which is the width of the form minus the width of the buttons and some room for gaps. All I can imagine is that the width of the form is not being computed correctly, but I think this might be a scripting bug.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Apparently this can be a problem when using non-standard DPI settings in Windows (i.e. <>96DPI) - I am working with jiri to try and resolve this.
GuHu

Post by GuHu »

trixmoto wrote:Apparently this can be a problem when using non-standard DPI settings in Windows (i.e. <>96DPI) - I am working with jiri to try and resolve this.
YEA .. that's it. After changing the font I see the buttons!

Well done. Unfortunately, I cant read the buttons, there are too small...

Well, I will fiddle around in the script to see the buttons and will wait for a more general bugfixing.

Thank you trixmoto for your help and your script!!

GuHu
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Can you please PM me details of what your settings were when it didn't work, and what you changed to make it work. These details will hopefully enable jiri to resolve the problem.
Agrajag

Post by Agrajag »

What am I doing wrong?

I'm doing this one album at a time to see how it works and get it right before ripping through 500+ albums.

I select, for example, the first song from The Beatles Abbey Road album. Batch Art Finder asks if I want to limit to one song. I say yes. It finds the art. I check it. I click "Save Checked". It appears to save. I go check. There's "Abbey Road.jpg" sitting in the folder where it should be. I go back into MM and there's no art. I check the Properties and under Album Art there's an entry with a comment that the album art was added by Batch Art Finder but the section where the album should be just has a default icon background in it. I have to delete it manually and then manually add the album art in.