Not yet, but soon ...

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Is it okay that the play-button is so "big"?

You may select 1 option

View results

Morten

Not yet, but soon ...

Post by Morten »

Screenshot #1;

I'll be back with further information...
Last edited by Morten on Mon May 07, 2007 12:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Looks cool! 8)
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Peke

Post by Peke »

Nice Skin In background :)
This Looks Great.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

Looks great - it seems that by the time MM3 launches, there will already be a good selection of skins available. And what's more, they look far more 'professional' than 2.5 skins (although I do love the look of 2.5). I assume that the skinning capabilities for 3 are allowing you skinners a greater level of expression (or else you guys are just getting better!)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i've had it with teaseing posts for skins not just in media monkeys forum.

but it came to a head in another forum. they kept posting and asking and posting then they stopped for 6 months then came back and said they lost everything in a house fire, and asked for all the art that was created for them again. then came back 3 months later and said they were not doing it because they got married.

confound it people either sh.. or get off the pot.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sometimes life gets in the way, but that's no reason not to post a teaser for a project that's being worked on!
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i know trixmoto i just get tired of not getting any skins and only getting teaser.

i know with this new skinning engine you can make different shapes for the player skin, i just don't know how.

and this might be one of them different shaped skins but there is no way to tell with that little bitty screen shot.

still i am sick and should not be here maybe that is why i am a little short tempered today sorry.

i just could not stay in bed anylonger. but i am still waiting for his other skin he was talking about last year.

gee it only takes 20 hours for a classic winamp skin.? and i did a fast half recolor and reskin of the royal blue skin for monkey 3 in about 6 hours.

so some where in between there is the time it should take to make a good different shaped skin. all this teasing is just to see if anyone would like their new skin.

ANSWER Yes make the blooming thing already. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Morten

Post by Morten »

I won't release this skin to public before it's near completed. I can give out a test skin for those who are so interested that they can't wait, but I want this skin to be justified in that I have worked a lot on this lately. I've not done anything other than the standard player skin and it isn't the big beauty without the complete skinned interface. For that I'm waiting for the developers to finish of their ideas. I still think that there are changes to come for the allround skinning-module, and it'll get enhanced along the way.

@rovingcowboy; The other skin I talked about? I think you're talking about that concept art. This is not just a concept art. I have a fully functional, and in my opinion, good-looking player skin which maybe get included with the final MM3. I don't want to give out false hopes, but I can promise you I'll release this one. The concept art you're talking about actually CAN be done with the new skinning engine, and if you really wan't I can make it work for you. I have all the .psd-files on my computer, and my house hasn't been burnt down lately. If you're interested I will make a better-looking and more consistant miniplayer to supplement my skin. I will not abandon the community, and with the priviligies we've been given by the great Petr (and rest of the MM-team) I promise that we'll get some really good skins when MM3 is finally released.

If you really wan't to test this skin, I'll consider give it to those interested over email. Remember that I don't want to release this yet, and I'll be very disappointed if anyone releases it without my concern. Send me your email-adress over the PM system here and I'll get in touch.

Best regards,
Morten
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

Hello Morten,

I'm working on my own skin and I would love the chance to learn from yours.. if that's an okay reason to look at your skin.

I would also love to see this concept art you two are talking about... can someone post a link?

Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
Morten

Post by Morten »

DaledeSilva. You haven't given me an email-adress, but I found one at your website. Sent the skin there.

The Concept art I showed may be this one;

But I think he means another one.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... highlight=

I've worked slightly last night (before I went to sleep) and I've joined the two skins by taking the play-button and next-buttons from my other skin.

Screenshot (full-size)
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Custom shape works like :
- in player's ini you must define Transperent=1 in PlayerSkin section
- when Transperent is enabled (as described above), the color on upper left corner of the player background defines transparent color

Also player transparency works only for mini-monkey player (named FloatPlayer.mskn and FloatPlayer.ini).
Morten

Post by Morten »

It's the FloatPlayer I'll use for this skin anyway, so that suits me perfect.

@rovingcowboy; The skin I showed, is it that you want me to code?
Morten

Post by Morten »

Here's the so-far finished design.

I will code this in the upcoming week so stay tuned!
jcferpa

Post by jcferpa »

when?
Morten

Post by Morten »

When Petr and the MediaMonkey has fixed some alpha-channel issues, I will release the Miniplayer. The rest of the skin will be finished by the MM v3 release, but there will be a preview version before that. 8)