Plugin Problems

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

martialartsguy

Plugin Problems

Post by martialartsguy »

Ok, maybe I'm just dumb.

I've read through the help file on the MM main page for installing plugins. I've created a file in Notepad called "Winamp.exe". However, whenever I try to install any plugins it asks me for the destination folder. Even when I point it to the fake winamp.exe file, it still won't allow me to run the installation :cry: I'm not sure I understand copying the .dll files either (and I don't have winamp actually installed on my comp.)

Thanks-
Brian
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Some plugins install on MediaMonkey right away, some need the "winamp.exe" trick, some need their files manually copied from a Winamp plugins folder to MediaMonkey's plugins folder, and some (few) plugins just don't work on MM.

The easiest would probably be if you tell us what plugin(s) you want to install. That way, we can walk you through and explain it as simple as possible.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Steegy-

Thanks for the reply. I got the Crossfader plugin to work fine (tweakin it now), but I'd like to use the Jammix Enhancer and when I point it to the fake winamp.exe, it doesn't allow me to install.

Thanks in advance.
jc836

Post by jc836 »

You need to create a folder named Winamp and put the "fake" file in it. You can then extract the plugin to there and move it to the MM plugins folder.
Retired Broadcast Recording Engineer
Oldies are our main Genre. YES-we listen to Country and a few others too!
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

K-

Tried that, but I still can't get the Jammix Enhancer to install to C:\\Program Files\Winamp. Would it just be easier to download winamp and then copy the Jammix files to MM?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I just tried it and it works.

- Close MediaMonkey if it is running
- Create a file called "Winamp.exe" in your MediaMonkey program folder (usually C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey).
- Run the installer for Jammix, and type in MediaMonkey's program folder path (or use "Browse...", but then you might first have to close the "Program Files" node and reopen it, before you see the MediaMonkey folder listed)
- Start MediaMonkey and in its options enable the DSP plugin.

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Awesome!

Thanks so much for your help! Don't know what I was doing wrong, but that fixed it!
Sheepdog

Post by Sheepdog »

I just installed Jammix but get this error when I run MM3.

Stupid question, but where do I change the dpi?