Not yet, but soon ...

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Is it okay that the play-button is so "big"?

You may select 1 option

View results

Peke

Post by Peke »

I'm curious what will happened if no one release skin/add-on to MM anymore.
That guest will be happy :)
Sorry to say but I think It will be really unhappy due too all of us that will do more and make him/her even more jealous of MM progress.

For Morten:
I know that you are not tpulling all of yours rabbits out of hat :) I can't wait to see what will be next surprise :) Keep on your wishes.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i'm shocked ? such mistreatment of a guest that just wanted a skin. i thought more highly of most of you and did not think you would do that to a guest. i read this message differently.

as in they just wanted to light a fire under morten cause they really wanted his skin. and thought highschool was too much homework. why did you all see the other side of the post. :o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hmmm... you understand the broken-language post of the Guest and think it isn't meant to be offensive? As you sometimes advise to other people, I would advise you too to read the post again.

The offending post continues like this and this the one below) one. If you didn't write the post this is all about, then someone is trying to "frame" you (or it's just a miraculous coincidence).
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Morten

Post by Morten »

This guest has been posting around the forums being very friendly against you rovingcowboy, and hostile against me and Steegy I think. I know you didn't write what the guest wrote, and I can admit that it can be read in two ways. Why doesn't this guy "Guest" register on the forums and/or maybe explain what he really means?
Best regards,
Morten
junglemonkey

Post by junglemonkey »

well i said in another post i had put a new firewall in that opened all my ports instead of close them.

i did not catch that for about a week, the antivirus program has caught a trojan in my system again more then likely it got in doing that week. so some one could have been using my connection again it happened before..

but understanding broken english is not hard i live in texas theres lots here that only speak mexica spanish and borken english, and most tech places you call for support are sending
the calls to a new answering building in the country of india.
they speak english but it is very broken, so trying to understand them is not any different then reading broken english.
and i do use puncuations but i mostly put them where i take a breath at. some times i get long winded. 8)

oh the trojan is out of my system again so not to worry. :)
junglemonkey

Post by junglemonkey »

Morten wrote:This guest has been posting around the forums being very friendly against you rovingcowboy, and hostile against me and Steegy I think. I know you didn't write what the guest wrote, and I can admit that it can be read in two ways. Why doesn't this guy "Guest" register on the forums and/or maybe explain what he really means?
some people post as guests to test the waters.

and when they get bit like that they don't come back.
and they mostly tell their friends
" don't get in that water it bites "

so that guest is probably gone after the first reply they read.
and if they were using my connection they are gone.
:-?
durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

Come on Cowboy, you can't be serious - are you suggesting that someone has somehow used your connection to make inflaming posts, in your own inimitable writing style, to frame you?! Lets suppose that is true, why on earth are you defending them? It is clearly an unconstructive, unhelpful post ('I'm tired of waiting') - everyone who has responded seems to agree on that, apart from you. If you are right, that the poster was testing the water but was scared off, who cares? We don't need posters like that. Hopefully the 'trojan' really is out of your system, and this 'guest' won't return.
Blake

Post by Blake »

I'm sorry to say this RC but I can see your reputation going down slowly... :-? :o
Peke

Post by Peke »

I can confirm that RC didn't post msgs from that IP not even one, but two first ip digits are same and match subnet mask 255.255.0.0 which can be some sort of tracker over trojan which is very rare but not impossible but more likely that they both use same ISP and that Guest is Lamer due to not hiding his IP correctly or he is using Trojan proxy on infected Computers to route access. Also several Spam attacks on forum were prevented in last few weeks, I know when someone is prevented to Spam get mad.

There is just too many possibilities to accuse someone due to lack of facts.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

As far as I'm concerned the simple fact is that guest was out of line and it would be nice if they apologised. Failing that, we could all just move on with our lives! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

hey morten
if you count skins like that then i did 15 of them .
5 skins with the 3 smaller players each times out to 15
just cause i used the main skin as a templete when i changed
the skin's look it still became mine. 8)

so how come besides blake we're the only two making lots of skins.

don' you others have time? or you have ants in your pants and cant wait long enough in the chair to get the skin made?

i tryed to start a wish list of what was wanted for skins but that was not well liked. blake has started a thread where you can ask him to change the old mm 2 skin in to an mm 3 skin.

so if you can't wait to make your own then ask away some one might make it. i myself have posted a call to the military for them to start skinning for monkey so maybe there will be more skinners shortly.
:)
i went to a vet site and posted in their message board so maybe the ones that are now bed ridin because of war can now use their tallents in the skinning of mediamonkey all i can do is post its up to them to come and do it.
but we can hope.
8)
so post your skin wishs where you can get them seen,
if no one does it then it is simple to make your own so try that route.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Morten

Post by Morten »

Well Rovingcowboy, each of my 7 finished player-skins have been individually coded. Sure, changing the resource image is easy, but it's not coding.

But anyway, let's just forget the case. Nothing positive will come out of this. There are more skinners here in the community, but I think many is waiting for new features in the main-skinning module. The player's skinning module is getting rather nice with only some few wishes left. However, the customizing of the rest of the monkey lacks possibilities. I am writing a thoroughly report on what's needed (in my case) to make it Vista-ready and skinning-ready at the same time.
Best regards,
Morten
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

hey morten,

where can I find a list of the new additions to player skinning? - I have the MediaMonkeys v3 Skinnable Player 1.doc but that doesn't have anything about text alignment or positioning elements relative to something else or centred... but I assume 'some' of those things have changed..

have you got a link to a thread where it's mentioned how to do newly implemented stuff?

Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
Morten

Post by Morten »

No I don't. I will write about this though. It isn't possible with centered and left text-alignment yet. Positioning of objects has had one new feature (present in Alpha 3 and upwards). And that's placing of objects relative to the center.

Code: Select all

CenterOffsetX=-22

Means that the object's left side will always be 22px left of the center.
Best regards,
Morten
Morten

Post by Morten »

Here's a visual update. I've resized (done much of the photoshopping-work one more time). I'm not quite finished with the borders and the shuffle/repeat/playlist/equaliser-buttons, but I will get there soon. It is docked in the same manner as my WMP11 skin, but it isn't coded finished yet though so I'm not ready for a release, and it will not be ready before more features become available. Thanks for your patience and here's another teaser to show what it will mostly look like when it is finished.

Edited: See next post for a newer screenshot. :)
Last edited by Morten on Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards,
Morten