Multiple Mood & Occasion

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

MarineBrat

Multiple Mood & Occasion

Post by MarineBrat »

I have been concentrating on classification today and suddenly realized that it would be great if Mood and Occasion could have multiple entries using the semicolon as a delimiter, the same way that it works in the artist field.
nduke

Post by nduke »

I'd like to second that. It would be great if it worked like the multiple genre works (or at least will work when the kinks are ironed out :D )

I use AllMusic for filling my genres, moods, & occassions and have multiple entries for each. These fields are just begging for expansion!
studley

Post by studley »

yes please! :D
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

as I've mentioned in a few other threads on this topic... this would be great... and applying the same to the custom fields would also be great.

thanks,
Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, I support this too.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
jiri

Post by jiri »

This will most likely appear in the next alpha.

Jiri
studley

Map Tag to Occasion?

Post by studley »

Are you going to allow us to map a specific (custom) tag to Occasion, Mood, etc? I already have information that I'd like to used saved in my ID3v2.4 tags.

Anyone?

Thanks,
David
jiri

Post by jiri »

This isn't planned yet, but we will consider it together with other tagging improvements we will do.

Jiri
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

Looks good thus far in MM3A4. Thanks for adding this!
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Are the multiples semicolon delimited? And is there a space? As in the following:

Wild;Angry
or
Wild; Angry

In other words, if I have an auto playlist where I want to have say the following Moods:

Wild and Angry
would I put them as

Mood Is:
Wild;Angry?

I'm asking because I already have them separated w/a semicolon w/no spaces. I'd like to figure out how to make auto playlists from these Moods/Occasions.
Thanks for this addition - I can't wait to give it a shot!
MM Gold since 2006
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

I would assume you would add two seperate iems:

Mood Is:
Wild
&
Mood Is:
Angry

as that's exactly what having multiple values allows

Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

This theoretically would work, but here's what happens:

Mood Is:
Wild

Only returns those moods that are simply "Wild", not Wild;Quirky or Wild;Upbeat;Angry, etc. Same thing happens with "Angry".

It would just be awesome if the algorithms were Contains, Doesn't Contain, etc. as they are in the Genre algorithms.

This is one of the main features I'm looking for, as I have all my tracks (some 15,000) organized in this manner for Mood & Occasion, and I was sure that MM3 would support this. Maybe I'm wrong and this is an upcoming feature, but it's one I definitely support.
MM Gold since 2006
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

It would appear they've yet to iron the bugs out with Multiple Mood & Occasion. If you take a file and edit it's mood to something like "Party;Club" (just an example), then look under the Mood node, there will be nodes for both Party & Club, click on Party (the first value) and the song will show, click on Club and it will not. Same goes for Occasion.

So, it's correctly parsing the fields into Nodes, just isn't placing them correctly in all the relevant nodes.
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Well, that's good to know. Thanks!

Is there anyone up above in development land who can let us know if there will be multiple choices in the AutoPlaylist to accommodate the multiple Mood/Occasion tags? (as I indicated above - 2 posts up).

Thanks a ton! BTW, MM3 looks really awesome so far! :D
MM Gold since 2006