"Script engine for the following language cannot be cre

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Eminent

"Script engine for the following language cannot be cre

Post by Eminent »

The following error message keep appearing alongside the MediaMonkey splash screen:

"Error happened during script execution:
A script engine for the following language cannot be created"

This is relevant both for the last stable version and the latest beta. Finally, it has deactivated all the scripts I've installed myself.

Thanks for any possible help.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Is this a new problem or did it happen since you first installed MediaMonkey? Which scripts do you have installed?
Have (un)installed anything recently?

I assume that your Windows Script Host got damaged or isn't installed. You can find this for download on the Microsoft homepage.

Post by Guest »

Removing all user installed scripts and reinstalling the program solved the problem temporarily, until I added a new bunch of scripts of which Magic Tunes is the only one originally installed. I'll try out your suggestion and report back, thanks.

Post by Guest »

Sorry, I just noticed that I hadn't replied your question: No, the problem first appeared after about a year's usage of MediaMonkey.

Damn I love those monkies...
vonster

Post by vonster »

I'm also suddenly getting this problem

MediaMonkey 2.5.4 Only script I really use is Trixi Moto's Move Files 1.1

I uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared the libarary, reinstalled the script, reinstalled VBscript 5.6 from Microsoft site

Still get this error on startup. Ideas? (really need to use this script) thanks